2004 Mercury Monterey Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparing car insurance rates is not a process drivers love to do, but regardless it’s required in order to drive legally.
You should make it a habit to compare rates at least once a year due to the fact that insurance rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best price on Monterey insurance six months ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because I’m going to teach you the right way to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Auto Insurance Comparisons
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be challenging if you don’t know the most efficient way. You can waste a lot of time driving to insurance agencies in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace where insurance shoppers complete one form, and each company returns a competitive quote. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions to each company.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance click here to start a free quote.
One minor caviat to using this type of form is you are unable to specify the insurers you want pricing from. So if you prefer to pick specific providers to request quotes from, we have a listing of the cheapest auto insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
However you get your quotes, make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverage information for each price quote. If the quotes have different deductibles it will be next to impossible to make a fair comparison for your Mercury Monterey. Quoting even small variations in limits can make a big difference in price. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons will enable you to find a better price.
Don’t miss out on these money-saving discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you may find discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you purchase, but a few need to be asked for before you get the savings.
- Memberships – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on Monterey insurance.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may receive better insurance coverage rates on Monterey insurance.
- Sign Online – Some insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application digitally online.
- Early Signing – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. This can save 10% or more.
- Good Students Pay Less – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Driver’s Ed – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class if it’s offered in school.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles with factory air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower premiums.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, follow this link.
Impacting insurance rates for a Mercury Monterey
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
- Being married is a good thing – Getting married actually saves money when buying auto insurance. Marriage means you’re more mature than a single person it has been statistically shown that married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are quite a few extra coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Older drivers save more – Teenage drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Adding a young driver onto your auto insurance can break the bank. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and tend to be better behind the wheel.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Auto insurance companies give lower rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Some companies provide better rates to people who buy several policies from them in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s in your best interest to comparison shop to ensure the best deal.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, insures against damage to your car. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, vandalism, and windstorm damage. The more expense you have to pay, the bigger discount you will receive on Monterey insurance.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both are in accidents at about the same rate, but the males cause more damage. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do I need special coverages?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Are rental cars covered under my policy?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- If my pet gets injured in an accident are they covered?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Save $454 a year? Really?
Companies like GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them. How do they all make the same claim?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer that makes them money. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, a clean driving record, and has a short commute. A customer who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside the requirements must pay higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That’s why companies can truthfully make those claims.
This illustrates why you should compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict the company that will give you the biggest savings on Mercury Monterey insurance.
Car insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of your car insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Mercury Monterey.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Medical expense coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, nursing services and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 25/50/25 that means you have a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers things such as emergency aid, legal defense fees, medical expenses, attorney fees and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, hitting a deer and a broken windshield. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Feed the piggy bank
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, not issuing a premium refund and even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just showed you many tips how you can reduce 2004 Mercury Monterey insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Cost effective insurance is possible online and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance companies do not offer online price quotes and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Much more information about car insurance is available on the following sites:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area