Cheapest 2005 Scion xA Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates for your Scion xA? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a Scion xA can normally be a painful process, but you can follow a few tricks to make it easier. There is a right way and a wrong way to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Scion and get the cheapest rates.
Consumers should take time to check insurance prices every six months because insurance rates change frequently. Just because you had the best rates on xA insurance two years ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to find great coverage at a great price.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched some of the best known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Own a Home – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy qualifies for this discount.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. This can save 10% or more.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of more than 20%.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2005 Scion xA?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Car insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills like doctor visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover you and your occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Scion xA.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance covers damage to your xA from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as scraping a guard rail, colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from flooding, hail damage, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as loss of income, structural damage, legal defense fees, court costs and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
More quotes. Lower rates.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high prices, not issuing a premium refund and even lack of trust in their agent. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new insurance coverage company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price.
Affordable 2005 Scion xA insurance is available from both online companies and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not provide online quoting and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information can be found by following these links:
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Cellphones, Texting and Driving (iihs.org)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area