Cheapest 2006 Buick Lucerne Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have a choice when searching for affordable Buick Lucerne insurance. You can either spend your time driving around trying to get quotes or use the internet to compare rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the absolute fastest way to price shop coverage on a Buick and find the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
Insurance Comparison Rates
There are multiple methods to compare 2006 Buick Lucerne insurance prices and some are easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) driving to local insurance agents in your area, or you can utilize the web for quick rates.
The majority of car insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit their information once, and at least one company returns a rated price based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To get comparison pricing now click here to open in new window.
The single downside to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the companies you will receive quotes from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to receive pricing from, we put together a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, ensure you’re using identical quote information with each company. If you use unequal deductibles or liability limits you will not be able to truly determine the lowest rate.
Save on Buick Lucerne insurance
Companies don’t list all their discounts very well, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find ways to save on car insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Accident Forgiveness – Certain companies permit an accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear prior to the accident.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you could save 5% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could save 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy over the internet.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Buick could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
- 21st Century
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether you will benefit from professional help.
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Ads can be misleading
Consumers can’t get away from ads for the lowest price auto insurance by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all seem to make the same claim that you can save if you move to them.
How can each company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a desirable insured might be profiled as a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has a short commute. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet this ideal profile will have to pay higher prices and ends up with business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, you need to quote coverage with many companies. It is impossible to predict which insurance companies will provide you with the cheapest Buick Lucerne insurance rates.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, medical expenses, pain and suffering, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills such as prosthetic devices, doctor visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Lucerne from colliding with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims like falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
More comparisons equals lower rates
While you’re price shopping online, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where someone sacrificed uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, policy non-renewal, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, choosing a new insurance company is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cost effective 2006 Buick Lucerne insurance can be purchased from both online companies and with local insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Additional car insurance information is located at the links below
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Rental Car Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2006 Buick LaCrosse in 2023?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for your 2006 Buick LaCrosse, you can follow these seven steps:
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Opt for a higher deductible, if you can afford it.
- Take advantage of discounts offered by insurance companies.
- Maintain a good driving record and avoid accidents and traffic violations.
- Consider bundling your car insurance with other policies, such as home or renters insurance, to get a multi-policy discount.
- Drive a car with safety features that may qualify for discounts.
- Keep a good credit score, as some insurance companies use it as a factor in determining premiums.
Are there any specific factors that affect the insurance rates for a 2006 Buick LaCrosse?
Yes, a number of factors can affect the insurance costs for a 2006 Buick LaCrosse. Here are seven most prevalent ones:
- Age and driving experience of the primary driver.
- Location where the car is primarily driven and parked.
- The car’s value, make, and model.
- The primary driver’s driving record and claims history.
- Annual mileage and usage of the vehicle.
- The coverage options and deductibles chosen.
- The primary driver’s credit history (in some states and with certain insurance companies).
Can I save money on insurance for my 2006 Buick LaCrosse by reducing coverage?
Yes, reducing your coverage can potentially save you money on insurance premiums. However, it’s crucial to carefully consider the implications and risks of lowering your coverage. By reducing coverage, you may be exposed to greater financial risk if an accident or other unforeseen event occurs. It’s recommended to assess your individual circumstances and consult with your insurance agent to determine the appropriate level of coverage for your needs.
Are there any specific discounts or programs available that can help lower insurance rates for a 2006 Buick LaCrosse?
The insurance costs for a 2006 Buick LaCrosse may be reduced by a number of discounts and programs. Here are eight typical savings and programs you can ask about, though these can vary based on the insurance provider you select:
- Safe driver discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount.
- Bundling discount (combining auto and home insurance, for example).
- Good student discount (for student drivers with good grades).
- Anti-theft device discount.
- Low mileage discount.
- Defensive driving course discount.
- Loyalty or renewal discount.
Are there any specific insurance coverages I should consider for my 2006 Buick LaCrosse?
Here are five important coverages to think about for your 2006 Buick LaCrosse, though the particular insurance coverages you choose will depend on your individual needs:
- Liability insurance
- Comprehensive coverage
- Collision coverage
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage
- Medical payments coverage
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area