Cheapest 2006 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 3, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better rates for your 2006 Chevy Equinox insurance? Overpriced Chevrolet Equinox insurance can take a big chunk out of your checking account and make it hard to pay other bills. Comparison shopping is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket. Many insurance companies compete to insure your vehicles, so it can be very hard to choose the cheapest price of 2006 Chevy Equinox insurance.
It’s important to compare rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. Just because you had the best deal for Equinox coverage six months ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to find out the easiest way to save money and get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you have insurance now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums and still get good coverage. Buying car insurance is quite easy. Consumers only need an understanding of the tricks to find the lowest price online.
How to Save on 2006 Chevy Equinox Insurance
Car insurance companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the more hidden ways to save on auto insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are paying more than you should be.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military can result in better rates.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents can save substantially compared to bad drivers.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in certain professional organizations may earn a discount on auto insurance for Equinox coverage.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks simply for signing digitally online.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Good Students Pay Less – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can be considerably cheaper due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with the same company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collisions. So even though they make it sound like you can get free auto insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies that possibly offer these discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
It’s a good idea to ask each company how you can save money. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Finding the Best Value of 2006 Chevy Equinox Insurance
Effectively comparing auto insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t understand the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) discussing policy coverages with insurance agencies in your area, or you could save time and use online quoting to quickly compare rates.
Most major companies participate in a marketplace that enables customers to submit one quote, and each participating company can give them a price. This system prevents you from having to do quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here.
The only drawback to doing it this way is you don’t know exactly the companies to get pricing from. So if you prefer to choose specific providers to request quotes from, we have a page of low-cost auto insurance companies in your area. View the list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages with each company. If your comparisons have mixed coverages it’s not possible to determine which rate is truly the best.
Tailor Your Chevrolet Coverage to You
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining whether you might need professional guidance.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2006 Chevy Equinox?
- Why am I required to get a high-risk car insurance policy?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- If my 2006 Chevy Equinox is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast and free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages Available on Your Insurance Policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. Insurance terms can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Listed below are the usual coverages offered by insurance companies.
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy Equinox.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Liability coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, legal defense fees, structural damage, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, and medical services. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage other than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like rock chips in glass, a broken windshield, hail damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses such as doctor visits, chiropractic care, EMT expenses, and rehabilitation expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and may carry a deductible
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Equinox resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage pays for things such as sustaining damage from a pothole, colliding with another moving vehicle, and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be a Smart Shopper
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. In many cases, someone dropped physical damage coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price.
Budget-conscious 2006 Chevy Equinox insurance can be bought both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to price shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be found in the articles below:
- Insuring a Leased Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Older Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox in 2023?
To find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox in 2023, you can follow these five steps:
- Shop around and compare quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Consider increasing your deductibles, as higher deductibles often lead to lower premium costs.
- Check for available discounts, such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, or discounts for installing anti-theft devices in your vehicle.
- Maintain a clean driving record and avoid traffic violations, as insurance rates tend to be higher for drivers with a history of accidents or tickets.
- Consider bundling your auto insurance with other policies, such as home or renter’s insurance, as this can often lead to discounted rates.
Are there any specific factors that affect insurance rates for a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox?
Yes, a number of variables can affect the cost of insurance for a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox. Among the top seven are the following:
- Age and driving experience of the primary driver
- Location of the vehicle, including the state and zip code, as well as the prevalence of theft and accidents in that area
- The vehicle’s safety features and anti-theft devices
- The primary use of the vehicle (e.g., personal use, business use)
- The driver’s previous insurance history and claims record
- The amount of coverage and deductibles selected
- The driver’s credit history may also be taken into consideration in some cases
Is it possible to find affordable insurance rates for an older vehicle like a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox?
Yes, it is possible to find affordable insurance rates for an older vehicle like a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox. While insurance rates for older cars may generally be lower compared to newer models, the specific premium you’ll pay depends on several factors mentioned earlier. By shopping around, comparing quotes, and exploring available discounts, you can increase your chances of finding affordable insurance coverage for your 2006 Chevrolet Equinox.
Can I remove certain coverage options to lower the insurance costs for my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox?
You can lower insurance costs for your 2006 Chevrolet Equinox by adjusting your coverage options, but it’s crucial to weigh the risks. Removing comprehensive or collision coverage may reduce premiums but leaves you unprotected against theft, vandalism, or accidents. Assess your needs, evaluate your vehicle’s value, and consider the potential savings against the desired level of protection before making any changes.
Does the mileage on my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox impact insurance rates?
Mileage typically isn’t a significant factor in determining insurance rates. However, if you’re driving your vehicle extensively and for long distances, it may slightly increase the risk of accidents, which could impact your rates. Generally, insurance companies place more emphasis on factors like driving history, location, and vehicle condition.
Can I get discounts for safety features on my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox?
Yes, many insurance companies offer discounts for safety features installed in your 2006 Chevrolet Equinox. Features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, electronic stability control, and anti-theft devices can often qualify you for discounts. Make sure to inform your insurance company about any safety features in your vehicle to potentially reduce your insurance premium.
Will my insurance rates decrease as my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox gets older?
Generally, insurance rates for older vehicles like a 2006 Chevrolet Equinox may decrease over time. As a vehicle ages, its value depreciates, and certain coverages like collision and comprehensive may become less expensive. However, it’s important to note that other factors such as your driving record, location, and insurance company policies can still affect your rates.
Can my previous insurance history impact the rates for my 2006 Chevrolet Equinox?
Yes, your previous insurance history can impact your rates. Insurance companies consider factors such as lapses in coverage, claims history, and the length of time you’ve been insured without any accidents. If you have a good insurance history with no significant claims or coverage gaps, it may positively impact your rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area