Honda Honda Odyssey Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates for your Honda Odyssey? Purchasing the lowest cost insurance coverage on the web may be somewhat difficult for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. With such a large number of online companies available, how can anyone have a chance to compare them all to find the lowest rates?
How much can you save with discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you can get discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before being credited.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off on Odyssey insurance with certain companies.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Multiple Cars – Insuring all your vehicles with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- One Accident Forgiven – A few companies allow you one accident without raising rates if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for auto insurance on Odyssey insurance.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. Any amount of discount will cut the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with discount auto insurance rates, follow this link.
Pieces of the Honda Odyssey insurance rate puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Understanding what impacts premium levels enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Teenage drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents at a similar rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one citation can increase rates by twenty percent. Good drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets like DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – Car insurance companies award discounts to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Car insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
How much car insurance do I need?
When choosing the best insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2006 Honda Odyssey?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and damage to your Honda Odyssey.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from flooding, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield and theft. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things such as court costs, bail bonds, loss of income and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for expenses for things like EMT expenses, rehabilitation expenses and funeral costs. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants as well as any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Odyssey resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, crashing into a ditch and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
In the end, you save
Cheaper 2006 Honda Odyssey insurance is possible both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People who switch companies do it for many reasons like denial of a claim, questionable increases in premium, high rates after DUI convictions or even high prices. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional information is available on the following sites:
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Fusion Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area