Cheapest 2006 Honda Ridgeline Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who enjoys paying for insurance, especially when they are paying too much.
Popular companies such as Allstate, Liberty Mutual and State Farm all claim big savings, bombarding you with TV and radio ads and it is difficult to see past the geckos and flying pigs and find the best price available.
You should make it a habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because prices change frequently. Just because you had the lowest rates on Ridgeline coverage two years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because we’re going to demonstrate the best way to find better coverage at a better price.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to lower your premiums substantially using this strategy. Buying car insurance is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although car owners can benefit from knowing how companies determine prices and apply this information to your search.
Comprehensive Car Insurance Comparison Quotes
There are several ways of comparing rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The fastest way to find the cheapest 2006 Honda Ridgeline insurance rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way to compare a lot of rates at once is a comparison rater form click to view form in new window. This easy form keeps you from doing separate quotation requests for each company you want a rate for. In just a few minutes this one form compares rates from several companies.
- Another way to obtain and compare quotes online consists of visiting each individual company website to complete a price quote. For sake of this example, we’ll assume you want to compare Allstate, Progressive and Travelers. To get each rate you have to spend time on each company’s site to input your insurance information, and that’s why the first method is more popular. For a list of links to companies insuring cars in your area, click here.
- The hardest method of comparing rate quotes is driving around to and from local insurance agencies. The internet can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional advice of a licensed agent. It is possible to comparison shop online and get advice from an agent in your area and we’ll cover that in a bit.
Which method you use is up to you, but double check that you are using the exact same quote information for every company. If you use differing limits it will be next to impossible to decipher which rate is best. Quoting even small variations in coverages may result in large price differences. Just remember that obtaining a wide range of quotes helps locate a lower rate.
Save on 2006 Honda Ridgeline insurance
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because owning a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a qualifying organization is a good way to get lower rates when shopping for insurance coverage on Ridgeline coverage.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount on Ridgeline coverage with select insurance companies.
- Sign Early and Save – Some companies give discounts for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It can save you around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- No Claims – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay much less as compared to drivers who are more careless.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply everywhere.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Every situation is different so this has to be addressed. Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Should I rate my 2006 Honda Ridgeline as pleasure use or commute?
- Does my insurance cover a custom paint job?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Specifics of your auto insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by auto insurance companies.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your Ridgeline resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, driving through your garage door, crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for bills such as doctor visits, ambulance fees, chiropractic care, X-ray expenses and nursing services. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims like pain and suffering, emergency aid, court costs and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like fire damage, hitting a bird and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum payout a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Your UM/UIM coverage provides protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Honda Ridgeline.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Most of the time these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area