Lower Your 2006 Jeep Commander Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Jeep Commander? Sick and tired of robbing Peter to pay Paul to buy car insurance? You are in the same boat as most other car owners. Numerous car insurance companies battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive best rate
It’s important to check insurance coverage prices once or twice a year since rates go up and down regularly. Just because you found the best deal on Commander coverage two years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to teach you how to use the internet to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Compare the Market for Car Insurance
There are several ways you can shop for Jeep Commander car insurance and some are less time-consuming than others. You can spend your afternoon talking to agents in your area, or you could use the web to get the quickest rates.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit their information once, and each company can give them a price based on the submitted data. This prevents consumers from doing quote requests for every car insurance company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here to open in new window.
The only downside to doing it this way is you cannot specify the companies to get pricing from. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to compare, we have a page of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare apples-to-apples quote information for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have differing limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Companies don’t always publicize all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known ways to save on insurance. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates on Commander coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better insurance rates on Commander coverage.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies give discounts for switching policies prior to your current policy expiration. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Jeep could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- New Car Discount – Adding a new car to your policy can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Club Memberships – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break when buying insurance on Commander coverage.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some credits don’t apply the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
To see a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts, click this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Jeep Commander rates are in the details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – Careful drivers have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Only having one speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with severe tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a SR-22 to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- High credit ratings translate to low rates – A driver’s credit score is a big factor in your rate calculation. Therefore, if your credit score is lower than you’d like, you could save money insuring your 2006 Jeep Commander by spending a little time repairing your credit. People with good credit tend to be more responsible as compared to drivers with poor credit.
- Your car’s features help determine rates – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all hinder auto theft.
- High numbers of claims are not good – Companies award better rates to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of insurance aids in choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverage types found on most insurance policies.
Liability car insurance – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as structural damage, medical expenses, emergency aid and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Jeep Commander.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for EMT expenses, dental work, chiropractic care, pain medications and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as rolling your car, driving through your garage door and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a bird, rock chips in glass, theft, hail damage and hitting a deer. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Make an honest buck
When buying insurance coverage, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. Too many times, an insured cut full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 2006 Jeep Commander insurance is attainable on the web and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small, regional companies work with independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read at these sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area