Cheaper 2006 Nissan Xterra Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want better insurance coverage rates for your Nissan Xterra? Trying to find better insurance prices for a new or used Nissan Xterra can normally be difficult, but you can use the following methods and make it easy.
There is a better way to shop for insurance coverage and you need to know the best way to get price quotes on a Nissan and locate the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
Finding the lowest cost insurance coverage coverage is easy if you know what you’re doing. If you have a policy now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to shop for the lowest rates and possibly find even better coverage. Drivers only need to know the best way to compare price quotes online.
Compare Insurance Costs
All major insurance companies like Allstate and Progressive give pricing on the web. Getting online rates doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter your personal and coverage information as requested by the quote form. When complete, their rating system orders reports for credit and driving violations and gives you a price quote.
Quoting online helps simplify price comparisons, but the work required to visit different websites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. Unfortunately, it is important to have as many quotes as possible in order to find lower prices.
The better way to compare rates
The preferred way to find lower prices utilizes a single form that analyzes rates from a lot of companies. It saves time, eliminates form submissions, and makes comparison shopping much simpler. Immediately after you send the form, your coverage is rated and you can select any of the pricing results.
If you find a better price you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It only takes a few minutes and could lower your rates considerably.
To save time and compare pricing, click here to open in new window and enter your vehicle and coverage information. If you currently have coverage, we recommend you enter the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you are getting rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Nissan Xterra
It’s important that you understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower insurance prices.
- Special features that cut premiums – Purchasing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you a little every year. Theft prevention devices such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your coverage have a gap. And not only will your rates increase, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations. Young drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
- Males pay more for insurance – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations such as reckless driving.
Discounts are great for lower rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but you may find discounts to cut the cost considerably. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but some may not be applied and must be asked for before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on car insurance for Xterra coverage.
- Senior Discount – Mature drivers may qualify for reduced rates for Xterra coverage.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off the personal injury premium cost.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with one insurance company you may earn approximately 10% to 15%.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. But any discount will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
Double check with each insurance company which discounts they offer. Discounts might not apply in your state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
You may need specialized coverage
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- If my 2006 Nissan Xterra is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Does my 2006 Nissan Xterra need full coverage?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing which coverages you need and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Nissan Xterra.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Comprehensive insurance – This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like theft, damage from flooding, fire damage and hail damage. The highest amount your insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for short-term medical expenses like EMT expenses, ambulance fees, nursing services and chiropractic care. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability – This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property that is your fault. It protects YOU from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things such as bail bonds, medical expenses, funeral expenses, repair costs for stationary objects and emergency aid. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – This will pay to fix damage to your Xterra caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
More effort can pay off
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy cancellation, lack of trust in their agent, delays in paying claims or denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, switching auto insurance companies can be less work than you think.
Lower-priced 2006 Nissan Xterra insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When buying insurance coverage, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are many occasions where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
To read more, take a look at the articles below:
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- How to Avoid Common Accidents (State Farm)
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Santa Fe Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area