Cheapest 2006 Toyota Tacoma Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Saving money on insurance can be a challenge for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. You have so many options that it can easily become more work than you anticipated to find the best price.
You need to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because rates change regularly. If you had the lowest rates for Tacoma coverage a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. So forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn the things you must know in order to save money, get proper coverage and the best rates.
Buying car insurance is not rocket science. In a nutshell, every driver who is required by state law to have car insurance should be able to lower their premiums. But vehicle owners must know how companies sell insurance online and take advantage of how the system works.
Comprehensive Insurance Comparison Quotes
Effectively comparing insurance prices can be a lot of work if you don’t know the most efficient way. You could spend the better part of a day talking to insurance agencies in your area, or you could use online quotes to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
Most of the best insurance companies are enrolled in a marketplace that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and every company returns a competitive quote for coverage. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every insurance company. To find out what other companies charge for 2006 Toyota Tacoma insurance click here to open in new window.
However you get your quotes, ensure you’re using the exact same deductibles and coverage limits on every quote you get. If you have differing limits it will be very difficult to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverage limits may result in large price differences. And when price shopping your coverage, comparing a large number of companies will increase your chances of finding lower pricing.
These factors can influence what you pay for Toyota Tacoma insurance
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that go into determining the price you pay for insurance coverage. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Drive a safer car and pay less – Cars with high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Toyota Tacoma scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may qualify for a discount.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – Companies generally give lower rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Only having one ticket can boost insurance rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers with dangerous tickets such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some companies give discounts to policyholders who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even with this discount, you may still want to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Drivers may still find better rates by splitting coverages up.
- No coverage gaps is important – Not having insurance can get your license suspended and insurance coverage companies will penalize you for letting your coverage lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may need to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
Policy discounts you shouldn’t miss
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying car insurance for Tacoma coverage.
- Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to frequent claim filers.
It’s important to note that many deductions do not apply the whole policy. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
Insurance companies that may offer these benefits include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- 21st Century
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply everywhere.
Insurance agents can help
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Does my 2006 Toyota Tacoma need full coverage?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When should I not file a claim?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, vandalism, fire damage, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The most a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage covers damage to your Tacoma from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door, rolling your car and crashing into a building. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills like doctor visits, nursing services, X-ray expenses and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Toyota Tacoma.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
Coverage on a shoestring budget
When shopping online for auto insurance, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 2006 Toyota Tacoma insurance can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents, so compare prices from both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies don’t offer online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Consumers switch companies for a number of reasons such as high prices, delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal or even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be pretty painless.
For more information, take a look at the following helpful articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area