Cheaper 2007 Chevrolet Corvette Car Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 10, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Finding the lowest cost insurance on the internet can seem to be difficult for consumers not familiar with buying insurance on the web. When there are so many insurers to choose from, how can drivers possibly compare every one to find the lowest price available?
It’s important to compare prices every six months because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Even if you got the best deal on Corvette insurance six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Starting now, block out anything you think you know about insurance because you’re about to learn the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
Most companies allow you to get coverage price quotes on the web. The process is quite simple as you simply type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. Once entered, their system requests credit information and your driving record and generates a price.
Online quotes streamlines rate comparisons, but the time required to go to a lot of sites and type in the same information can be a bit repetitive. But it’s absolutely necessary to perform this step if you are searching for the best price possible.
There is an easier way!
A more efficient way to find lower prices makes use of a single form to obtain quotes from several companies at one time. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online quotes much easier to do. After sending the form, it is rated and you are able to buy any or none of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the policy. It takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
If you want to find out what other companies charge, simply click here to open in new window and submit your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you duplicate the coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This helps ensure you’re receiving comparison quotes for similar insurance coverage.
These discounts can slash car insurance rates
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of some of the more common and the more hidden ways to save on car insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Chevy can qualify you for discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Driver’s Ed – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class in school.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Government Employees – Active or retired federal employment may qualify you for a discount on Corvette insurance with certain companies.
- Student in College – Children living away from home attending college and do not have a car can be insured at a reduced rate.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
When might I need the advice of an agent?
When it comes to choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help you determine whether your personal situation would benefit from professional advice.
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Do I need rental car coverage?
- Does my 2007 Chevy Corvette qualify for pleasure use?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Do I have coverage for damage caused while driving under the influence?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Impacting insurance rates for a Chevy Corvette
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for insurance coverage. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to better insurance coverage rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Being married helps lower the price on your insurance coverage policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity means less money paid by your insurance company and thus lower rates. If your Chevy is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may qualify for a discount.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit history is a huge factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. If your credit rating is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2007 Chevrolet Corvette by spending a little time repairing your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit scores.
- Your location affects your rates – Living in less populated areas can save you money when talking about insurance coverage. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- Too many insurance coverage claims drive up costs – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Insurance companies award discounts to people who do not file claims often. Auto insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state department of motor vehicles.
Is there truth in advertising?
Insurance companies such as 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm consistently run television and radio advertisements. They all seem to say the same thing about savings if you change to them. How do they all claim to save you money? It’s all in the numbers.
Different companies can use profiling for the type of driver that makes them money. For instance, a driver they prefer could be a mature driver, has no driving citations, and has excellent credit. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will get the preferred rates and is almost guaranteed to save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile will be quoted higher rates and ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can state the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should compare many company’s rates. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will have the lowest Chevy Corvette insurance rates.
Specifics of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of car insurance can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like vandalism, damage from flooding, theft, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as backing into a parked car, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverages – This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, emergency aid, loss of income and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Coverage for medical payments – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills like pain medications, funeral costs, dental work and prosthetic devices. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your 2007 Chevy Corvette.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
At the end of the day…
Cost effective 2007 Chevy Corvette insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed full coverage and learned later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers leave their current company for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, extreme rates for teen drivers or even lack of trust in their agent. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a great new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
More information can be read at these links:
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area