Cheapest 2007 Chevrolet Suburban Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Overwhelmed by the sheer number of insurance coverage choices? Many other consumers are too. People have so many choices that it can quickly become a ton of work to find better rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using these tips. This article will teach you the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. But car owners must know how big insurance companies compete online and take advantage of how the system works.
How to Lower Your Insurance Coverage Cost
Most major insurance companies allow you to get coverage prices directly from their websites. This process doesn’t take a lot of time as you just type in your coverage preferences as detailed in the form. When complete, the system sends out for your credit score and driving record and generates pricing information based on many factors.
This makes comparing rates easy, but the work required to visit several different sites and type in the same information can get tiresome after awhile. Unfortunately, it is important to perform this step if you want to find better insurance coverage pricing.
An easier way to get multiple rate quotes is to use a quote form to obtain quotes from many companies. It’s a real time-saver, eliminates form submissions, and makes online price comparison much easier. As soon as you send your information, it is rated and you can select your choice of the pricing results. If one or more price quotes are lower than your current rates, you can simply submit the application and purchase coverage. This process takes less than 15 minutes and you will find out if you’re overpaying now.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here to open in new window and enter your information. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you duplicate deductibles and limits exactly as shown on your declarations page. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
You probably qualify for some discounts
Car insurance companies do not list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we break down both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Suburban insurance than drivers with accidents.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance from them.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home may trigger a auto insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home shows financial diligence.
- Resident Student – Kids in college who are attending college and don’t have a car may be able to be covered for less.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that possibly offer these discounts include:
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. Savings may not apply everywhere.
There’s no such thing as the perfect policy
When it comes to buying adequate coverage, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For instance, these questions might help in determining if you may require specific advice.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2007 Chevy Suburban is totaled?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form.
What car insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as a broken windshield, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism and falling objects. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for short-term medical expenses for things like X-ray expenses, nursing services and hospital visits. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for collisions
This covers damage to your Suburban from colliding with an object or car. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, damaging your car on a curb, sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also bump up the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Chevy Suburban.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Liability insurance will cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage protects against things such as medical services, funeral expenses, structural damage, repair costs for stationary objects and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Have money to burn
Cheaper 2007 Chevy Suburban insurance can be found online and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not offer you the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced full coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We’ve covered many ways to compare insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Car Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Parking Tips to Reduce Door Dings (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area