Cheapest 2007 Chevrolet TrailBlazer Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced insurance coverage policy? Trust us when we tell you there are many consumers feeling the pinch from expensive insurance coverage. Companies like Allstate and Progressive persitently shower you with fancy advertisements and consumers find it hard to see past the corporate glitz and take the time to shop coverage around.
If you are insured now or are looking for a new policy, you can learn to find better prices while maximizing coverage. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not that difficult. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper methods to shop their coverage around over the internet.
Fast and Easy Insurance Quotes
There are a lot of ways you can shop for insurance but one way is less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste a few hours driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get rates in a matter of minutes.
Many of the larger companies participate in a marketplace where prospective buyers submit one quote, and every company returns a rated price for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each individual insurance company.
To participate in this free quote system, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to comparing rates this way is buyers cannot specifically choose the insurers you want to price. So if you want to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click here to view list.
Whichever method you choose, ensure you’re using apples-to-apples coverage information for every quote you compare. If the quotes have different liability limits it will be next to impossible to find the best deal for your Chevy TrailBlazer.
Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rates have many determining factors
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that go into determining your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine prices.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar percentages, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. Men also statistically have more aggressive citations such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates. If your Chevy TrailBlazer earned at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Drivers who don’t get tickets get better rates than bad drivers. Even one moving violation can bump up the cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers who have serious citations like DUI or reckless driving may need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Protect your assets with liability insurance – Liability insurance is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability is cheap compared to physical damage coverage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- What are your deductibles? – Insurance for physical damage to your car, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Chevy from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend before your insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be on TrailBlazer coverage.
Discounts to lower Chevy TrailBlazer insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always advertise every discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving. If you aren’t receiving every discount available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Accident Waiver – Some insurance companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a certain period of time.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with lower rates if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance policy discount because maintaining a house is proof that your finances are in order.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags can get savings of 20% or more.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can save as much as 8% on TrailBlazer coverage depending on your company.
- E-sign – A few companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- Memberships – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break on your policy on TrailBlazer coverage.
- Discount for Good Grades – This discount can save 20 to 25%. This discount can apply up to age 25.
- Braking Control Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Just because it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers offering insurance discounts, follow this link.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might point out whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a Chevy TrailBlazer
Knowing the specifics of car insurance can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Insurance for medical payments – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, dental work, prosthetic devices and pain medications. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Chevy TrailBlazer.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked.
Liability car insurance – Liability coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical expenses, medical services and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy higher limits if possible.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays for damage to your TrailBlazer caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision) – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from flooding and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Be a penny pincher
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2007 Chevy TrailBlazer insurance. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even discover the best price on auto insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. These companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits to discover at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price.
- How to Avoid Staged Accidents (State Farm)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area