2007 Kia Optima Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 30, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2007 Kia Optima are $1,106 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs around $170, collision costs $222, and liability costs around $534. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $588 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,382. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $4,500 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,106
Rate estimates for 2007 Kia Optima Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2007 Kia Optima models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $588 for just liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,382 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices for a specific zip code and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2007 Kia Optima Insurance
Tired of paying out the nose to insure your Kia every month? You are in the same boat as many other consumers. Because there are so many online and local companies to choose from, it can be diffult for consumers to pick the most affordable insurance company.
It’s a good idea to price shop coverage periodically because rates change regularly. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for Optima coverage last year you can probably find a better price now. Starting right now, block out anything you think you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to lower your annual insurance bill.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so the following is a list of both well-publicized and also the lesser-known savings tricks you should be using. If you don’t get every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could trigger savings on insurance for Optima coverage.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies will allow you to have one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Multiple Cars – Having all your vehicles on the same insurance policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Sign Early and Save – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you could save 5% or more.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer insurance discounts, click here.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage
Shopping for lower insurance coverage rates can be a daunting task if you don’t know the best way to get rate quotes. You can waste hours talking about coverages with agents in your area, or you could use the internet to get prices fast.
Many popular insurance companies enroll in a system that enables customers to submit one quote, and every company can give them a price. This prevents consumers from doing quote forms for each company.
To compare 2007 Kia Optima rates using this form now click here to open in new window.
The one disadvantage to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify which insurance companies to get pricing from. If you prefer to choose individual companies to receive pricing from, we have assembled a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make sure you use the exact same coverage limits with each company. If you use differing limits it will be impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Kia Optima.
Elements that influence Kia Optima insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the elements that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in better car insurance rates.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older insureds are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay less if you’re married – Having a spouse can get you a discount on your policy. Marriage usually means you are more responsible and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as lawyers, business owners and accountants have higher rates than average because of job stress and long work days. On the flip side, occupations like pilots, athletes and homemakers get better rates for Optima coverage.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Allowing your car insurance policy to lapse will be a sure-fire way to pay more for car insurance. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a ton of additional coverages that you can buy if you aren’t careful. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and membership fees may be costing you every month. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Rural vs Urban Areas – Choosing to live in a small town has it’s advantages when it comes to car insurance. City drivers have to deal with congested traffic and longer commutes to work. Fewer people means fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Purchasing a vehicle with an alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all aid in stopping your vehicle from being stolen.
- Credit scores impact car insurance rates – Your credit history is a large factor in your rate calculation. If your credit rating is not that good, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2007 Kia Optima by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have excellent credit tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit scores.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
When should I use an insurance agent?
When choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- How high should deductibles be on a 2007 Kia Optima?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2007 Kia Optima?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Specifics of your insurance policy
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement. Shown next are typical coverages available from insurance companies.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Kia Optima.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 that means you have a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for things like court costs, emergency aid, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, loss of income and bail bonds. How much liability should you purchase? That is a personal decision, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Optima caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a parking meter, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
This will pay to fix damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from a tornado or hurricane, damage from getting keyed, falling objects, hitting a bird and a broken windshield. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for expenses for things like doctor visits, pain medications and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not an option in every state but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Knowledge is power
Cheap 2007 Kia Optima insurance can be purchased online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not provide you the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s a bad idea to buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
You just read quite a bit of information on how to shop for insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may even discover the most savings is with a small local company. Smaller companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like State Farm or Progressive.
Additional information can be read on the following sites:
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Size and Weight FAQ (iihs.org)
- Credit and Insurance Scores (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,746|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,893|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$66|
|5-yr Claim Free||$69|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$39|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.