Toyota Toyota Prius Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 29, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower car insurance rates for your Toyota Prius? Have you fallen victim to high-priced car insurance? Believe me, there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy. Because you have many online and local companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to locate the lowest price insurance company.
Consumers should take time to check car insurance prices on a regular basis because prices are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Even if you got the best price on Prius insurance a few years ago other companies may now be cheaper. There is too much inaccurate information about car insurance on the internet, so I’m going to show you some great ideas on how to save money.
This article will let you in on how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these techniques. Drivers only need an understanding of the most efficient way to shop over the internet.
The method we recommend to compare rate quotes takes advantage of the fact most of the larger companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information including if a SR-22 is required, your job, if you’re married, and coverage limits. Your rating data is automatically sent to multiple insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To find the cheapest Toyota Prius insurance rates, click here and find out if lower rates are available.
How can Allstate and Progressive save drivers who switch?
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance from the likes of Allstate and Progressive. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you switch your coverage to them.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
All the different companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that earns them a profit. A good example of a preferred risk could be between 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. A propective insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save quite a bit of money when switching.
Drivers who don’t meet these standards will be quoted a more expensive rate which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict which insurance coverage company will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Prius insurance rates.
Why your Toyota Prius insurance rates may be high
Consumers need to have an understanding of some of the elements that play a part in calculating your auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Discounts for married couples – Getting married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few add-on coverages you can purchase when buying auto insurance. Coverages like personal injury protection, better glass coverage and membership fees may be wasting your money. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but your needs may have changed so get rid of them and save.
- Your location is important – Residing in a small town has it’s advantages when talking about auto insurance. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. City drivers have congested traffic and longer commute times. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- Claim-free discounts can add up – If you file claims often, you can look forward to higher rates. Insurance companies award better rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is against the law and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, getting caught without coverage will get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Some auto insurance companies will give a discount to people who buy several policies from them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Careful drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Even a single speeding ticket can boost insurance rates by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with serious tickets like reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence are required to submit a SR-22 form with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, buy you may qualify for discounts that you may not know about. Some trigger automatically when you complete an application, but some must be asked for before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Auto/Life Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can qualify you for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- E-sign – A few companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Good Student – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in high school.
- Safety Course Discount – Completing a defensive driving course could save 5% or more and easily recoup the cost of the course.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given the whole policy. Most cut specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of providers with the best insurance discounts, follow this link.
When might I need an agent?
When buying the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Do I have newly-aquired coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance coverage options for a 2007 Toyota Prius
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the normal coverages available from auto insurance companies.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as theft, damage from flooding, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and vandalism. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota Prius.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for short-term medical expenses like funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services and chiropractic care. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
Liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to people or other property. It protects you from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see policy limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, medical expenses, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your Prius resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
We just showed you a lot of tips how to get a better price on 2007 Toyota Prius insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you prepare to switch companies, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced collision coverage only to find out that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Cheaper insurance can be found online and also from your neighborhood agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Child Safety FAQ (iihs.org)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area