Cadillac Cadillac STS Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buying car insurance is not a chore car owners fancy doing, but all states require it to be legal on the road.
Consumers need to shop coverage around at least once a year because prices change frequently. Just because you found the lowest rates on STS coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. So forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to learn how to quote online to lower your annual insurance bill.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to reduce your rates substantially using these methods. Nevertheless, consumers can benefit from knowing the methods companies use to determine prices and apply this information to your search.
What determines your Cadillac STS insurance premium
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that come into play when calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what impacts premium levels helps enable you to make changes that could result in big savings.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces that factor into premiums.
- Males pay more for insurance – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. Now that doesn’t mean women are better drivers. Women and men are in accidents in similar numbers, but the male of the species tend to have more serious accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are quite a few additional coverages that can waste your money on your STS policy. Coverages for roadside assistance, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be wasting your money. These may sound like a good investment at first, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Your location affects your rates – Being located in a small town can be a good thing when insuring your vehicles. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic to deal with and much longer commute distances. Higher commute times translates into higher accident risk.
- Poor credit can mean higher rates – Credit score is a important factor in determining what you pay for insurance coverage. If your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could potentially save money when insuring your 2008 Cadillac STS by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers with high credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with poor credit.
Car Insurance Prices
There are several ways to compare Cadillac STS car insurance prices and some are less labor-intensive and much quicker. You could waste time discussing policy coverages with agents in your area, or you can stay home and use the web to get rate comparisons in just a few minutes.
The majority of car insurance companies participate in an industry program where prospective buyers send in one quote, and at least one company can give them a price. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions to each company.
To enter your information into the quoting system, click here (opens in new window).
One minor caviat to getting quotes like this is you don’t know exactly which carriers to get quotes from. So if you prefer to pick from a list of companies for rate comparison, we have a listing of low cost car insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just make sure you use identical information with every price quote. If you are comparing different deductibles it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Cadillac STS. Just a small difference in coverages could mean much higher rates. Just keep in mind that comparing a large number of companies helps locate the best rates.
Discounts on 2008 Cadillac STS insurance
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings.
- Resident Student – Youth drivers who live away from home and don’t have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with one company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current policy expires. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Paperless Signup – Certain companies give back up to $50 for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course teaching defensive driving skills could possibly earn you a 5% discount and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums on STS coverage.
- Multi-car Discount – Having more than one vehicle with the same company qualifies for this discount.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best car insurance discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the right insurance coverage, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my 2008 Cadillac STS to commute?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
The coverage is in the details
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your STS resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers things like driving through your garage door, hitting a mailbox and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. You can also raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, hitting a bird, a broken windshield, rock chips in glass and hitting a deer. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, repair costs for stationary objects, structural damage and legal defense fees. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection when other motorists either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Cadillac STS.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Medical expense coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for bills such as nursing services, dental work, funeral costs and doctor visits. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers all vehicle occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Buy online or local, you save
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret they didn’t have enough coverage. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Drivers switch companies for many reasons like delays in responding to claim requests, being labeled a high risk driver, denial of a claim or even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
Budget-conscious 2008 Cadillac STS insurance is possible online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies may not provide online price quotes and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
Additional detailed information is located by following these links:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area