Cheapest 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 18, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Car insurance shopping is not a chore car owners enjoy doing, but it’s required in every state to be legal on the road.
If you are paying for car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these methods. Buying the cheapest insurance coverage is quite easy. But drivers need to learn how companies market insurance on the web and take advantage of how the system works.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but some must be specially asked for before you get the savings.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- 55 and Retired – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates for F-450 Super Duty coverage.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
It’s important to note that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Farm Bureau
Before buying, ask each insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
What determines your Ford F-450 Super Duty insurance premium
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for car insurance. Having a good understanding of what impacts premium levels allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on their usage. Autos left parked in the garage can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having the wrong rating on your F-450 Super Duty can result in significantly higher rates. Make sure your car insurance declarations sheet is showing the correct usage for each vehicle, because it can save money.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Letting your insurance expire is a quick way to bump up your car insurance costs. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may need to file a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Your spouse saves you money – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Having a significant other means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates attributed to high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, occupations such as farmers, engineers and homemakers pay the least for F-450 Super Duty coverage.
- Do you know you’re credit rating? – Your credit rating is a important factor in determining your rates. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than those with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty by repairing your credit.
- Consolidate policies to earn discounts – Some insurers give discounts to insureds who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to comparison shop to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying coverage, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Every insured’s situation is different.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if you will benefit from professional help.
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- I have good health insurance, so how much medical payments coverage do I need?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- What if I owe more than I can insure my car for?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty is totaled?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Do drivers who switch really save $466 a year?
Companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm continually stream television and radio advertisements. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings after switching to their company. How does each company say the same thing? It’s all in the numbers.
Insurance companies are able to cherry pick for the type of driver that is profitable for them. An example of a preferred risk might be over the age of 50, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Consumers who don’t measure up to the requirements will be quoted a higher premium which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how companies can truthfully make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. You cannot predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
What auto insurance coverages do you need?
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This gives you protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Ford F-450 Super Duty.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Frequently these coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like rock chips in glass, vandalism, theft and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses for things like X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, pain medications, chiropractic care and dental work. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Auto liability – Liability coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property in an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against claims like bail bonds, medical expenses and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision – Collision coverage pays for damage to your F-450 Super Duty from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Low-cost 2008 Ford F-450 Super Duty insurance can be bought from both online companies as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
People switch companies for a number of reasons such as questionable increases in premium, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, high rates after DUI convictions and high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
We just covered a lot of tips how to compare insurance prices online. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the best price on auto insurance is with a small mutual company.
Even more information can be found at these sites:
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Air Bags: Potential Dangers to Your Children (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area