2008 Hyundai Accent Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 24, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of a single person who looks forward to paying for car insurance, especially when their premiums are too high. With so many insurance companies to choose from, it can be impossible to locate the right insurance company.
You should make it a habit to check car insurance prices every six months due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the best deal on Accent coverage a year ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Don’t believe everything you read about car insurance online, so we’re going to give you the easiest ways to put money back in your pocket.
Why your Hyundai Accent might be costing you more
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better auto insurance rates.
- Frequent auto insurance claims increase rates – If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Car insurance companies give cheaper rates to people who are claim-free. Car insurance is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Better credit means lower rates – Your credit rating is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. Consumers who have excellent credit tend to be less risk to insure than those with lower credit ratings. If your credit rating can use some improvement, you could be paying less to insure your 2008 Hyundai Accent by spending a little time repairing your credit.
- A clean driving record saves money – Just one speeding ticket can increase rates by as much as thirty percent. Good drivers receive lower rates than bad drivers. Drivers who have serious citations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to continue driving.
- Do you have enough liability coverage? – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection if ever you are found to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Did you know your auto insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Occupations such as judges, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates due to job stress and long work hours. Conversely, occupations such as pilots, engineers and homemakers get better rates on Accent coverage.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Coverage for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Hyundai from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, collision with an animal, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. The higher the amount the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on Accent coverage.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women are in accidents at about the same rate, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband helps lower the price on auto insurance. Having a spouse means you’re more mature and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
The fastest way that we advise to compare car insurance company rates is to know most of the larger companies provide online access to quote your coverage. The one thing you need to do is provide the companies a bit of rating information like driver details, your general credit rating, daily mileage, and the type of vehicles you drive. Those rating factors gets transmitted to many highly-rated insurers and they provide comparison quotes very quickly.
Don’t believe everything you hear
Consumers constantly see and hear ads that promise big savings by companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you move to them.
But how can every company make the same claim? It’s all in the numbers.
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the right customer that earns them a profit. An example of a desirable insured might be between 30 and 50, has no tickets, and has excellent credit. A driver that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Drivers who don’t meet the requirements will have to pay more money and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. That’s the way insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
Because of the profiling, you need to get as many comparisons as possible. It is impossible to predict which company will give you the biggest savings on Hyundai Accent insurance.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a professional or civic organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Accent coverage.
- Military Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit may qualify for rate reductions.
- New Vehicle Savings – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Homeowners Savings – Being a homeowner may trigger a insurance coverage policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Drive Less and Save – Fewer annual miles on your Hyundai could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers pay much less when compared to drivers who are more careless.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get better insurance coverage rates on Accent coverage.
Drivers should understand that most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will bring down the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies who might offer these benefits include:
Double check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance should reflect that For example, these questions may help highlight if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Should I buy full coverage?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- What are the best liability limits?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as prosthetic devices, dental work and surgery. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
This provides protection when other motorists are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered claims include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your 2008 Hyundai Accent.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is very important. Frequently these limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hitting a deer, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hail damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage will pay to fix damage to your Accent resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims such as colliding with a tree, sideswiping another vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability coverage can cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like medical expenses, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is your choice, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Be a penny pincher
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to lower your 2008 Hyundai Accent insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier. These companies often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, an insured cut physical damage coverage only to find out that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at an affordable rate while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area