Hyundai Hyundai Accent Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 12, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Hyundai Accent insurance. They can either waste time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a Hyundai and find the best price possible either online or from local insurance agents.
If you are insured now or need new coverage, you can use these tips to find the best rates and possibly find even better coverage. This article will help you learn the best way to quote coverages. Drivers just need to know the proper methods to buy auto insurance over the internet.
Comparison of Car Insurance
There are a variety of methods to compare 2005 Hyundai Accent car insurance prices but there is one way that is less time-consuming than others. You can waste hours talking to agents in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Most car insurance companies take part in a program where prospective buyers submit one quote, and each participating company can provide price quotes for coverage. This saves time by eliminating quote requests to each company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click here (opens in new window).
The one downside to comparing rates this way is that you can’t choose the companies you want to price. So if you want to select specific insurance companies to compare rates, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. View list of insurance companies.
Whichever method you choose, make absolute certain that you use apples-to-apples information for every quote you compare. If you use different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to determine which rate is truly the best.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but lesser-known reductions have to be inquired about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- No Accidents – Good drivers with no accidents pay less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Employee of Federal Government – Active or retired federal employment can earn a discount up to 10% on Accent coverage with select insurance companies.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way. But all discounts will cut the cost of coverage.
To see a list of insurance companies with the best insurance discounts, click this link.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When buying coverage, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Hyundai Accent insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that play a part in calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- High crash test scores lower rates – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Hyundai Accent is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even a single speeding ticket may increase your cost by as much as thirty percent. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who get severe violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Lower deductibles cost more – Your deductibles represent how much money you are willing to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also known as collision and other-than-collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, collision with an animal, or theft. The more you’re willing to pay, the lower your rates will be on Accent coverage.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – The majority of companies will give a discount to insureds who have multiple policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can add up to anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal.
- Extra coverages can waste money – There are a ton of extra coverages you can purchase on your auto insurance policy. Insurance for vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good when talking to your agent, but if you don’t need them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Do men or women drive better? – The statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both have accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Your age impacts your rates – Older drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Do you have a high stress job? – Careers like lawyers, business owners and accountants tend to pay higher rates than average due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, professions such as pilots, athletes and the unemployed have the lowest average rates on Accent coverage.
Can you really save $411 a year?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your policy.
But how can every company make the same claim?
Different companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For example, a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, a clean driving record, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured who fits that profile will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who don’t measure up to these standards will have to pay higher rates which leads to business not being written. The ads state “people who switch” not “people who quote” save money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings.
Because of the profiling, drivers must get a wide range of price quotes. It’s just too difficult to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2005 Hyundai Accent
Having a good grasp of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, doctor visits, ambulance fees, funeral costs and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Liability coverage has three limits: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that means you have a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, court costs and attorney fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Comprehensive insurance coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as vandalism, hail damage, a broken windshield, hitting a deer and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The most your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, damaging your car on a curb and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be Smart and Buy Smart
When shopping online for insurance, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at an affordable rate while still protecting your assets.
Consumers who switch companies do it for many reasons like lack of trust in their agent, denial of a claim, unfair underwriting practices or delays in responding to claim requests. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is less work than it seems.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can get a better price on 2005 Hyundai Accent insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Collision Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area