Mazda Mazda 6 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buying the most affordable insurance coverage online can appear to be intimidating for vehicle owners that are not comfortable with quoting and online price comparisons. With literally dozens of insurers to choose from, how can vehicle owners efficiently compare each option to find the best available price?
It is always a good idea to compare prices before your policy renews since insurance prices fluctuate regularly. Just because you found the best rate for 6 coverage at your last renewal you can probably find a better premium rate now. Block out anything you think you know about insurance coverage because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the quickest way to buy cheaper insurance coverage.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you should be able to save some money using these tips. Finding the cheapest coverage is not that difficult. But drivers must know how insurance companies sell insurance online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Drivers can save with these discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available that could help you make your next renewal payment. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about prior to receiving the credit.
- Responsible Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents can save up to 40% or more on their insurance quote for 6 coverage compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Purchasing coverage when you have primary and secondary vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Smart Student Discounts – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Active or former government employment may reduce rates when you quote insurance for 6 coverage with certain companies.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a driver safety class could possibly earn you a 5% discount if your company offers it.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some insurance coverage companies give a lower price if you buy some life insurance too.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control have fewer accidents so you can save 10 percent or more.
- Resident Student – College-age children who live away from home to go to college and do not have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Theft Deterent System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
The best insurance coverage companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Farm Bureau may include discounts for renewal discount, driver training, 55 and retired, safe driver, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for new graduate, newly retired, multi-car, safety features, teen driver discount, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- State Farm discounts include safe vehicle, good driver, multiple policy, Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, defensive driving training, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers discounts for teen driver, paperless, student away at school, company car, safe driver, anti-theft, and anti-lock brakes.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, and teen safe driver.
Double check with every prospective company the best way to save money. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere. To find companies that offer discounts, click here.
When buying the right insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- Where can I get insurance after a DUI in my state?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Can you really save if you switch?
Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm seem to constantly run television, radio, and online ads. They all seem to convey the message of big savings if you get a free insurance quote and switch your insurance coverage to their company. How can each company charge you less for car insurance? It’s all in how they say it.
Companies have specific characteristics for the driver that earns them the most money. For example, a driver they prefer might be described as between the ages of 30 and 50, carries high limits, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A driver who matches that profile will get low rates and will save money with a new company.
Potential customers who do not match those standards will probably be forced to pay a higher rate and this can result in the customer not purchasing. If you listen to the ad wording, they say “drivers who switch” not “everyone who quotes” will save that much if they switch. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to compare rate quotes every year. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the best rates.
Car insurance coverage breakdown
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and coverage can change by endorsement.
This protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Mazda 6.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea.
Liability coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 that means you have $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a total limit of $25,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as medical expenses, loss of income, medical services, emergency aid and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for immediate expenses like funeral costs, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance will pay to fix damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like a tree branch falling on your vehicle, vandalism, theft, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays for damage to your 6 caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims like hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Never pay more for less
When buying insurance coverage, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced liability limits or collision coverage and discovered at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
People switch companies for any number of reasons including extreme rates for teen drivers, delays in responding to claim requests, denial of a claim or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance coverage companies is not as hard as you think.
Discount 2008 Mazda 6 insurance can be found both online and also from your neighborhood agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. A few companies may not have internet price quotes and these smaller providers only sell coverage through local independent agencies.
More detailed insurance coverage information is located by following these links:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area