Pontiac Pontiac Torrent Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Feb 10, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for lower insurance coverage rates? Shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Pontiac Torrent insurance. You can either spend your time calling around to compare prices or utilize the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy insurance coverage and we’ll show you the proper way to compare rates on a Pontiac and obtain the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a policy now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maintaining coverages. This information will let you in on the best way to quote coverages. Vehicle owners just need to learn the tricks to find the lowest price over the internet.
Pontiac Torrent insurance rates can be determined by these details
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining your car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates enables informed choices that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are a partial list of the pieces car insurance companies consider when setting rates.
- More claims means more premium – Auto insurance companies award cheaper rates to drivers who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Insurance coverage is intended to be relied upon for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Where you reside plays a part – Being located in a small town can save you money when talking about car insurance. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident. Drivers who live in large cities have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. More time commuting means more change of being in an accident.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – Teenage drivers tend to be less responsible when behind the wheel so they pay higher car insurance rates. Older insureds tend to be more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Do you need those extra coverages? – There are quite a few extra bells and whistles that you can buy on your Torrent policy. Things like personal injury protection, towing coverage and term life insurance may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you if ever you are found liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides you with a defense in court which can be incredibly expensive. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- Occupation reflects on rates – Careers like doctors, social workers and financial analysts have higher average rates due to high stress levels and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, occupations like pilots, engineers and retirees get better rates on Torrent coverage.
- Battle of the sexes – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. They both tend to get into accidents at a similar rate, but the males cause more damage. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and are penalized with high car insurance rates.
Take discounts and save
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, buy you may qualify for discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some trigger automatically when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be asked for in order for you to get them. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Driving fewer miles could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can save 20 to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Distant Student – Youth drivers living away from home attending college and do not have a car may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
Keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click here.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When choosing the right insurance coverage, there really is no one size fits all plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage on my 2008 Pontiac Torrent?
- What is medical payments coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Learning about specific coverages of insurance aids in choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and hitting a bird. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your Pontiac Torrent.
Due to the fact that many drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Coverage for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for doctor visits, EMT expenses, prosthetic devices and chiropractic care. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
This coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. Your policy might show values of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability can pay for claims such as repair costs for stationary objects, funeral expenses, pain and suffering and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Shop Smart and Save
You just read quite a bit of information on how to save on 2008 Pontiac Torrent insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of reducing your rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, delays in responding to claim requests and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new car insurance company can be less work than you think.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. Too many times, an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed car insurance information is located by following these links:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area