Lower Your 2006 Pontiac Torrent Car Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 14, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have many options when shopping for low-cost Pontiac Torrent insurance. You can either spend your time driving around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to compare insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for a Pontiac and obtain the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
Save with discounts on Pontiac Torrent insurance
Auto insurance companies don’t always list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down both well-publicized and the more hidden savings tricks you should be using. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you are paying more than you should be.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to take driver’s ed class in school.
- Clubs and Organizations – Affiliation with a civic or occupational organization is a good way to get lower rates on your policy on Torrent insurance.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Drive Less and Save – Keeping the miles down on your Pontiac can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your PIP or medical payments premium.
Drivers should understand that some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
- Farmers Insurance
- State Farm
Before buying, ask each company which discounts they offer. Some discounts may not be available in your state.
Elements that influence Pontiac Torrent insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for insurance coverage. Knowing what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that will entitle you to lower insurance coverage prices.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into prices.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Occupations such as judges, social workers and dentists are shown to have the highest average rates due to stressful work requirements and long work hours. Other occupations such as scientists, historians and the unemployed pay the least on Torrent insurance.
- Men are more aggressive – The statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are better drivers. They both tend to get into accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also have more aggressive citations such as reckless driving. Teenage male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and therefore have the most expensive insurance coverage rates.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband actually saves money on your policy. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
- Little extras can really add up – There are a lot of add-on coverages you can purchase on your Torrent policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, better glass coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity means lower claim amounts and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Pontiac Torrent scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Never go without insurance – Letting your insurance expire will be a quick way to increase your insurance coverage rates. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a steep fine or even jail time.Then you may be required to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with your state motor vehicle department.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers are known to get distracted easily when behind the wheel so insurance coverage rates are higher. Older insureds are more responsible, file fewer claims and get fewer tickets.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Your credit rating is a huge factor in your rate calculation. People with excellent credit tend to be more responsible than drivers who have lower credit ratings. Therefore, if your credit can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2006 Pontiac Torrent by improving your rating.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions may help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Will I lose any money if I cancel my policy before it expires?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Do I need PIP coverage since I have good health insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Don’t listen to company ads
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Progressive. All the ads make an identical promise of big savings if you move your policy.
How do they all make almost identical claims?
All the different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver they prefer to insure. For instance, a profitable customer could possibly be over the age of 40, has no prior claims, and drives newer vehicles. A customer getting a price quote who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and therefore will save quite a bit of money when switching.
Potential customers who fall outside these standards will be quoted higher premiums which leads to the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know the company that will have the lowest Pontiac Torrent insurance rates.
Educate yourself about auto insurance coverages
Knowing the specifics of a auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Auto insurance terms can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Coverage for collisions
Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for short-term medical expenses such as dental work, doctor visits, surgery, ambulance fees and hospital visits. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers both the driver and occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Pontiac Torrent.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage will pay to fix damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like falling objects, hitting a deer, fire damage, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage protects you from damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects you against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means a limit of $25,000 per injured person, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things like funeral expenses, medical expenses, attorney fees and emergency aid. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Quote often and quote early
Cheap 2006 Pontiac Torrent insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured dropped collision coverage and learned later that the savings was not a smart move. The aim is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while still protecting your assets.
We just presented many ideas to lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best prices are with a lesser-known regional company.
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area