View 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 16, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Comparing car insurance rates is not really something people enjoy, but your state requires it before you can legally be on the road.
You should take the time to check car insurance prices periodically since insurance rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest rates for Rabbit insurance a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad information regarding car insurance online, so by reading this article, you’re going to learn a bunch of ideas how to find affordable car insurance.
The quickest way to get rate comparisons is to understand most insurance companies have advanced systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All consumers are required to do is provide a little information such as daily mileage, coverage limits, your education level, and types of safety features. The rating information is instantly submitted to many different companies and you will get price comparisons immediately.
How to save on Volkswagen Rabbit insurance
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you can get discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about in order for you to get them.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can get savings of more than 20%.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems help deter theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one insurance company you may earn up to 20% off your total premium.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can earn big discounts when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Getting good grades can earn a discount of 20% or more. This discount can apply well after school through age 25.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may have these discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Liberty Mutual
Check with every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts may not apply everywhere.
Elements that influence Volkswagen Rabbit insurance rates
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that play a part in calculating car insurance rates. Understanding what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Shown below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine rates.
- Being married is a good thing – Being married actually saves money when buying car insurance. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Your car insurance rates can be influenced by your job – Jobs such as lawyers, social workers and stock brokers are shown to have the highest rates because of job stress and long work hours. On the other hand, jobs such as scientists, students and the unemployed pay the least for Rabbit insurance.
- Tickets mean higher rates – Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Only having one moving violation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Drivers who have serious citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may need to file a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to continue driving.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving without insurance is illegal and car insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car that has an advanced theft prevention system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent car theft.
- Where you reside plays a part – Choosing to live in small towns and rural areas can be a good thing when it comes to car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities regularly have much more traffic and longer commute times. Less people living in that area means a lower chance of having an accident and a lower car theft rate.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower injury rates translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When buying the best car insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in my state?
- Should I bundle my homeowners policy with my auto?
- Should I sign the liability waiver when renting a car?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Car insurance coverage basics
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Medical costs insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for expenses for things like EMT expenses, pain medications and ambulance fees. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Rabbit.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things like crashing into a building, sustaining damage from a pot hole and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Liability car insurance
This coverage protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on a person or their property. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 bodily injury coverage, $50,000 for the entire accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, bail bonds and loss of income. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider dropping full coverage.
More quotes. Lower rates.
We just showed you a lot of ways to get a better price on 2008 Volkswagen Rabbit insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a lesser-known regional company.
Cheap insurance can be bought online in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies do not provide you the ability to get quotes online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, poor customer service and even denial of a claim. No matter why you want to switch, finding a great new company can be less work than you think.
More learning opportunities
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Edge Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area