2008 Volvo C30 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2008 Volvo C30 are $1,076 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $182 a year, collision costs $258, and liability costs around $478. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $526 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,318. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at $4,288 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,076
Rate estimates for 2008 Volvo C30 Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2008 Volvo C30 models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range go from as low as $526 for just liability coverage to a high of $2,318 for a high risk driver.
These differences demonstrate why it is important for drivers to compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2008 Volvo C30 Insurance
Looking for cheaper auto insurance rates for your Volvo C30? If shopping for auto insurance online is new to you, you can be overwhelmed because of the huge number of companies offering coverage.
Fast and Easy Car Insurance Quotes
All the larger car insurance companies provide price estimates on their websites. Getting online rates is fairly straightforward as you just type in the amount of coverage you want as detailed in the form. After you complete the form, the system will obtain your driving and credit reports and returns a price based on these and other factors.
This makes it a lot easier to compare rates but the work required to visit many different websites and type in the same information is not the best way to spend an afternoon. But it is imperative to have as many quotes as possible in order to get the lowest car insurance rates.
A quicker way to find better car insurance pricing is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several different companies. It saves time, eliminates repetitive work, and makes online shopping much more enjoyable. Immediately after you send the form, it gets priced and you can choose any of the quotes returned. If a lower price is quoted, you can simply submit the application and buy the new coverage. It just takes a couple of minutes and you’ll know if lower rates are available.
If you want to get comparison pricing now, click here and submit the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. Doing this assures you’re receiving rate quotes based on identical coverages.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Companies don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so we researched both the well known as well as the least known discounts you could be receiving.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get reduced rates on C30 coverage.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Discount for Swiching Early – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a new car is cheaper compared to insuring an older model.
- Accident Forgiveness – Some insurance companies allow you one accident without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Driver Safety – Completing a driver safety course could save 5% or more if you qualify.
- College Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
For a list of insurance companies with discount insurance rates, follow this link.
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to buying coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different.
For instance, these questions might point out whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Do I need motorclub coverage?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form.
Volvo C30 insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that help determine the price you pay for auto insurance. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can get tricked into buying on your C30 policy. Coverages like rental car reimbursement, accidental death and motor club memberships are examples of these. They may seem good at first, but if you don’t need them get rid of them and save.
- Multiple policies with one company can save – The majority of insurers will award you with lower prices to insureds who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal. Consumers may find a better deal by insuring with multiple companies.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart car theft.
- Rates may be higher depending on your occupation – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like lawyers, business owners and dentists have the highest average rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like pilots, historians and homemakers get better rates on C30 coverage.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Deductibles for physical damage represent how much money you are required to spend before your auto insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your car from damage. Examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, or theft. The more you’re willing to pay, the less your auto insurance will be on C30 coverage.
Insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive protection – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as theft, damage from flooding, hitting a deer and falling objects. The highest amount you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage – This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants and also any damage incurred to your 2008 Volvo C30.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Medical expense coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for bills for things like chiropractic care, EMT expenses, funeral costs, surgery and hospital visits. They are used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Coverage for liability – This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things such as loss of income, medical expenses, legal defense fees and medical services. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Collision coverages – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims like damaging your car on a curb, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch, driving through your garage door and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Quote often and quote early
Budget-conscious 2008 Volvo C30 insurance can be found on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
Insureds who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or not issuing a premium refund. Whatever your reason, choosing a new insurance company is not as hard as you think.
In this article, we covered many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may discover the most savings is with a small mutual company.
Additional information is available below:
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,698|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,839|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$68|
|5-yr Claim Free||$68|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$40|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.