Acura Acura TL Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 24, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who enjoys paying for car insurance, particularly when they are paying too much. Drivers have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to be able to choose, it can be more difficult to locate the cheapest rates.
It’s a good habit to shop coverage around at least once a year because rates are adjusted regularly by insurance companies. Despite the fact that you may have had the best rates on TL insurance last year you can probably find a better price now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use the internet to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Finding the best rates is not that difficult. If you have a current auto insurance policy or are looking for a new policy, you can use these tips to find better prices and still get good coverage. Consumers just need to learn the tricks to find the lowest price on the web.
Acura TL insurance premiums are calculated by many factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that come into play when calculating your auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Marriage brings a discount – Getting married actually saves money on your auto insurance policy. Marriage means you’re more responsible and statistics show married drivers get in fewer accidents.
- Older drivers save more – Youthful drivers tend to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Older insureds are more cautious drivers, statistically cause fewer accidents and are safer drivers.
- Men pay higher rates – The statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Men and women have accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive in a year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies apply a rate based on their usage. Vehicles used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates compared to those used for work or business. Double check that your auto insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your TL can result in significantly higher rates.
Insurance Coverage Prices Online
Comparing insurance coverage rates can be exhausting if you aren’t aware of the fastest way to get free quotes. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quotes to achieve your goal.
Most major companies belong to an insurance system where prospective buyers enter their coverage request one time, and each participating company then gives them pricing based on the submitted data. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for each company you want a rate for. To use this form to compare 2009 Acura TL insurance rates click here (opens in new window).
The one disadvantage to using this type of form is you can’t choose which carriers to receive prices from. If you would rather choose individual companies to compare, we put together a list of companies who write insurance coverage in your area. Click to view list.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you are comparing apples-to-apples coverage information with every price quote. If each company quotes unequal deductibles or liability limits it will be impossible to decipher which rate is best.
How can State Farm, Allstate and GEICO save drivers who switch?
Drivers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings by State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads say the same thing about savings if you switch to their company.
How can each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer might be profiled as over the age of 50, owns a home, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who matches those parameters is entitled to the best price and therefore will save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and this can result in business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much. That is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This illustrates why it’s extremely important to quote coverage with many companies. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Acura TL insurance.
Discounts mean cheaper 2009 Acura TL insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and also the lesser-known insurance coverage savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft System – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Low Mileage – Driving fewer miles can earn discounted rates on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Vehicles – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who live away from home and do not have access to a covered vehicle can be insured at a reduced rate.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last well after school through age 25.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared to accident-prone drivers.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because it seems like you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
For a list of companies with the best insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. For instance, these questions may help highlight if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Why is insurance for a teen driver so high?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Learning about specific coverages of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Insurance terms can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Liability coverage – This protects you from injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people in an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against claims such as legal defense fees, bail bonds and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverages – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as backing into a parked car, scraping a guard rail, damaging your car on a curb, hitting a parking meter and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things such as theft, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The maximum payout a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for immediate expenses for doctor visits, prosthetic devices and X-ray expenses. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is not universally available and may carry a deductible
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
More effort can pay off
When shopping online for auto insurance, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that it was a big mistake. The proper strategy is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of tips how to save on 2009 Acura TL insurance. The key thing to remember is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may even find the biggest savings come from some of the smallest insurance companies. They often have lower prices on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
Additional auto insurance information can be found at these links:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area