Cheapest 2009 Hyundai Accent Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want cheaper insurance coverage rates for your Hyundai Accent? Nobody likes paying for insurance coverage, particularly when they are paying too much. There is such a variety of auto insurance companies to purchase coverage from, and although it’s a good thing to have a choice, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
Pieces of the Hyundai Accent insurance rate puzzle
Consumers need to have an understanding of the different types of things that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The list below includes a partial list of the pieces companies use to determine premiums.
- Don’t buy coverages you don’t need – There are a lot of extra coverages that you can buy on your Accent policy. Coverages like roadside assistance, towing coverage and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but now you might not need them so get rid of them and save.
- Equipment add-ons that lower auto insurance rates – Driving a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Older drivers save more – Mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to file fewer claims and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted in a vehicle therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Traffic violations increase rates – Whether or not you get tickets has a huge affect on how much you pay. Only having one citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records tend to pay less for car insurance than bad drivers. Drivers with serious tickets like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to continue driving.
- Safer cars are cheaper to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and better occupant protection translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If the Hyundai Accent has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it may be receiving lower rates.
- Where you live can impact rates – Living in a rural area is a positive aspect when talking about auto insurance. City drivers regularly have more traffic problems and a longer drive to work. Lower population means fewer accidents as well as less vandalism and auto theft.
- An active claims history can cost you – If you file claims often, you can look forward to either higher rates or even cancellation. Insurance companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who are claim-free. Car insurance is meant to be used in the event of larger claims.
Cheap Car Insurance Comparisons
Most major insurance companies give coverage prices directly from their websites. The process is fairly straightforward as you just type in the amount of coverage you want into a form. When the form is submitted, their system automatically orders your driving record and credit report and gives you a price quote based on these and other factors. Being able to quote online simplifies rate comparisons, but having to visit several different sites and enter the same data into a form is not the best way to spend an afternoon. Unfortunately, it is important to do this in order to get a lower rate.
A more efficient way to find better car insurance pricing uses one form that obtains quotes from more than one company. It’s a real time-saver, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online quotes much simpler. Immediately after you send the form, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick any of the pricing results. If a lower price is quoted, it’s easy to complete the application and purchase the new policy. It only takes a few minutes and may save quite a bit of money.
To find out how much you’re overpaying now, click here and enter your information. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy the insurance coverages as close as possible to your current policy. This ensures you will be getting an apples-to-apples comparison for exact coverage.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Consumers can’t ignore all the ads that promise big savings by Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the ads make the same claim about savings after switching to their company.
But how can every company make the same claim?
Insurance companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of driver that earns them a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, insures multiple vehicles, and chooses high deductibles. A customer that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and therefore will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t qualify for these standards must pay more money and ends up with business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. This illustrates why you absolutely need to get quotes from several different companies. It’s not possible to predict which company will have the lowest Hyundai Accent insurance rates.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Are you getting all your discounts?
Companies don’t always list all available discounts very well, so we researched both the well known and the more hidden ways to save on insurance. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are throwing money away.
- Braking Control Discount – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization may earn a discount on your policy on Accent insurance.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save up to 20% off your total premium.
- New Car Discount – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can save up to 30% because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- College Student – Any of your kids living away from home attending college without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply the whole policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies that possibly offer some of the above discounts include:
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a perfect coverage plan. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or click here for a list of insurance coverage companies in your area. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Insurance policy coverages for a Hyundai Accent
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the usual coverages found on most insurance policies.
Medical costs insurance – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for pain medications, chiropractic care, hospital visits, EMT expenses and X-ray expenses. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to you and your occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – This will pay to fix damage to your Accent from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against things like scraping a guard rail, driving through your garage door and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like damage from a tornado or hurricane, a broken windshield, hitting a deer, damage from getting keyed and theft. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance will cover injuries or damage you cause to other’s property or people. It protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, structural damage, attorney fees, emergency aid and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM Coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your 2009 Hyundai Accent.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
A fool and his money are soon parted
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your goal should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cost effective 2009 Hyundai Accent insurance can be sourced both online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
Additional information is available below:
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Young Drivers: The High Risk Years Video (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest auto insurance rates for my 2009 Hyundai Accent in 2023?
To find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your 2009 Hyundai Accent, you can use our free quote tool. Simply enter your ZIP code, and you will be able to view companies that offer cheap auto insurance rates in your area.
What factors are considered when calculating auto insurance rates?
Several factors are taken into account when determining auto insurance rates. Some of these factors include your driving record, credit history, age, location, the make and model of your vehicle, and the coverage options you choose.
Can I compare car insurance rates online?
Yes, most major insurance companies provide the option to compare car insurance rates online. You can visit their websites, enter the required information, and receive a quote based on your details. However, visiting multiple websites and entering the same data into multiple forms can be time-consuming. An efficient alternative is to use a single form that gathers quotes from multiple companies, saving you time and simplifying the process.
How do insurance companies claim to offer big savings?
Insurance companies often advertise big savings when you switch to their company. However, these claims are based on the assumption that you fit their preferred profile of a low-risk driver, which may include factors such as age, multiple vehicles insured, and high deductibles. If you don’t meet their preferred criteria, you may end up paying more. To ensure you find the best rates, it is recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies.
Are there any discounts available for car insurance?
Yes, insurance companies offer various discounts that can help you save money on your car insurance. These discounts can include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (if you have multiple policies with the same company), good student discounts, and more. It’s important to check with each insurance company to see which discounts you qualify for.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area