2009 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 3, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2009 Toyota 4Runner are $1,008 a year with full coverage. Comprehensive costs on average $202, collision costs $268, and liability costs around $402. Buying a liability-only policy costs as low as $446 a year, with high-risk insurance costing around $2,162. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at $3,890 a year or more.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,008
Rate estimates for 2009 Toyota 4Runner Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2009 Toyota 4Runner models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a 40-year-old driver, prices range go from as low as $446 for a discount liability-only rate to the much higher price of $2,162 for high-risk insurance.
These differences demonstrate why everyone should compare prices based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2009 Toyota 4Runner Insurance
Looking for the cheapest car insurance rates for your Toyota 4Runner? Are you sick and tired of scraping the payment together to insure your Toyota every month? You are in the same boat as most other car owners. Multiple insurance companies compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute best rates possible.
Consumers should take time to do rate comparisons every six months because prices are constantly changing. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest price for 4Runner insurance two years ago you may be paying too much now. Starting right now, forget anything you know (or think you know) about car insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in how to use online quotes to find lower rates on car insurance.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates utilizes the fact almost all companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is give them some information such as whether the vehicles are used for commuting, if it has an alarm system, how many miles driven, and an estimate of your credit level. Your rating data is instantly sent to many of the top insurers and they return cost estimate almost instantly.
To find lower rates now, click here and enter your zip code.
Are you getting all your discounts?
Car insurance is not cheap, but there could be available discounts that you may not know about. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few need to be requested specifically before you get the savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can earn big discounts as compared to bad drivers.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Factory air bags can get savings of more than 20%.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Drive Less and Save – Low mileage vehicles could qualify for lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Drive Safe and Save – Safe drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for 4Runner insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver take driver’s ed class in school.
- Sign Online – Certain companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Discount for New Cars – Putting insurance coverage on a new car can cost up to 25% less because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will bring down your premiums.
To see a list of providers who offer auto insurance discounts, follow this link.
Toyota 4Runner rates influenced by many factors
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that come into play when calculating your insurance coverage rates. Having a good understanding of what influences your rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with big savings.
- Car features impact rates – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your insurance coverage. Anti-theft devices such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can help prevent your vehicle from being stolen.
- Having a spouse can save you money – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money on insurance coverage. Marriage is viewed as being more responsible and it’s statistically proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause accidents in similar percentages, but men have costlier accidents. Men also get more serious tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and are penalized with high insurance coverage rates.
- How your age affects price – More mature drivers are more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and tend to be better behind the wheel. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be more careless when driving therefore insurance coverage rates are much higher.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Your driving record has a huge affect on how much you pay. Even a single moving violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records get better rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
When might I need an agent?
When it comes to buying the best auto insurance coverage, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save?
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for car insurance savings from companies such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive. All the companies have a common claim that you can save if you move your policy.
But how can every company say the same thing? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of customer that makes them money. For example, a profitable customer could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and therefore will save a lot of money.
Potential insureds who are not a match for the requirements will have to pay higher premiums which leads to business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can state the savings.
Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get as many quotes as possible. It’s impossible to know which company will give you the biggest savings on Toyota 4Runner insurance.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find typical coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Comprehensive auto coverage – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and falling objects. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – Collision coverage pays for damage to your 4Runner resulting from a collision with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as damaging your car on a curb, rolling your car and colliding with another moving vehicle. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Toyota 4Runner.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Usually your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for bills for things like doctor visits, funeral costs, rehabilitation expenses and hospital visits. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance – This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, emergency aid, structural damage and bail bonds. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Cheaper insurance is a realistic goal
When you buy insurance online, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The aim is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
Affordable 2009 Toyota 4Runner insurance is available online as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies work with independent agents.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Determining Your Vehicle’s Value and Repair Cost (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,593|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,725|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$65|
|5-yr Claim Free||$64|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$40|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.