Cheapest 2012 Toyota 4Runner Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better car insurance rates for your Toyota 4Runner? Purchasing low-cost car insurance on the web can be difficult for people who are new to buying insurance online. Since there are so many online companies available, how can you even start to compare every company to locate the best pricing?
Be sure to get all your discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list every available discount very well, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Seat Belt Usage – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can earn a discount up to 10% for 4Runner insurance with a few car insurance companies.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for car insurance for 4Runner insurance.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The discount lasts until age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a break if you buy auto and life insurance together.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
For a list of providers with the best car insurance discounts, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if your situation might need professional guidance.
- When should I remove comp and collision on my 2012 Toyota 4Runner?
- Can I afford to buy a different vehicle if my 2012 Toyota 4Runner is totaled?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- What is PIP insurance?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Do drivers who switch really save?
Car insurance providers like State Farm and Allstate regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all say the same thing about savings if you move to their company. How do they all make the same claim?
All the different companies are able to cherry pick for the driver that makes them money. A good example of a profitable customer could be over the age of 40, insures multiple vehicles, and has excellent credit. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential insureds who do not match these standards will be quoted higher premiums which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ad wording is “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much. That’s why insurance companies can claim big savings. This emphasizes why you need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict which insurance companies will give you the biggest savings on Toyota 4Runner insurance.
Car insurance coverage basics
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims such as damage from getting keyed, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and fire damage. The maximum amount your car insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for bills such as X-ray expenses, ambulance fees, funeral costs, nursing services and rehabilitation expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage to your 4Runner from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a ditch, colliding with a tree, colliding with another moving vehicle and damaging your car on a curb. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota 4Runner.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked.
Liability insurance will cover damage that occurs to a person or their property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a total of $100,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and property damage coverage for $50,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like medical services, funeral expenses and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Shop around and save
Cost effective 2012 Toyota 4Runner insurance can be purchased both online in addition to many insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who do not provide the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for many reasons like policy non-renewal, delays in responding to claim requests, extreme rates for teen drivers or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance coverage provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where consumers will sacrifice full coverage only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for my 2012 Toyota 4Runner?
Finding the cheapest insurance rates for your 2012 Toyota 4Runner requires a combination of research and comparison. Here are some steps to follow:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies to compare their rates.
- Use online comparison tools: Utilize online platforms that allow you to enter your information once and receive quotes from various insurers.
- Consider discounts: Inquire about any available discounts that can help lower your premium, such as good driver discounts or bundling policies.
- Review coverage options: Assess your coverage needs and consider adjusting your deductibles or coverage limits to find a balance between affordability and adequate protection.
- Maintain a good driving record: Safe driving habits can lead to lower insurance premiums over time.
What factors can affect the insurance rates for my 2012 Toyota 4Runner?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for your 2012 Toyota 4Runner. Here are some significant factors to consider:
- Vehicle make and model: The 2012 Toyota 4Runner’s safety features and repair costs can impact insurance rates.
- Age and driving experience: Younger and less experienced drivers often face higher premiums.
- Personal driving record: Your driving history, including accidents and traffic violations, can affect your rates.
- Location: Rates can vary based on your ZIP code, as some areas may have higher accident or theft rates.
- Credit history: In some states, insurers may consider credit history as a factor in determining rates.
- Annual mileage: The number of miles you drive annually can impact your premiums.
Can I get insurance coverage specifically tailored for my 2012 Toyota 4Runner?
Yes, many insurance companies offer coverage options specifically designed for different vehicle models, including the 2012 Toyota 4Runner. These options may provide specialized protection based on the vehicle’s features, value, and potential risks. When obtaining insurance quotes, inquire about any coverage options or endorsements that are tailored for your 4Runner to ensure comprehensive protection.
Are there any specific considerations when insuring a 2012 Toyota 4Runner?
When insuring a 2012 Toyota 4Runner, there are a few specific considerations to keep in mind:
- Replacement value: Understand how your insurance policy covers the replacement value of your 4Runner. Some policies may provide actual cash value coverage, which takes depreciation into account, while others offer agreed value coverage.
- Comprehensive and collision coverage: Assess whether comprehensive and collision coverage are necessary based on the value of your 4Runner. If the vehicle’s worth is low, you might consider dropping or adjusting these coverages to save on premiums.
- Safety features: Inform your insurance provider about any safety features your 4Runner has, as it may qualify you for additional discounts.
Can I find insurance rates for my 2012 Toyota 4Runner based on my ZIP code?
Yes, your ZIP code can impact insurance rates for your 2012 Toyota 4Runner. Factors such as local accident rates, crime rates, and population density can influence the premiums in your area. To find insurance rates specific to your ZIP code, enter it into online comparison tools or contact insurance providers directly to obtain accurate quotes.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area