Cheapest 2009 Toyota Tacoma Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Scraping up a payment for overpriced Toyota Tacoma insurance can overdraw your savings account and make it impossible to make ends meet. Doing a price comparison is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
You have multiple car insurance companies to buy insurance from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, having more car insurance companies makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
These discounts can lower your rates
Car insurance companies don’t always list every available discount very well, so here is a list both the well known and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage on Tacoma insurance.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems prevent vehicle theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Sign Early and Save – Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple cars or trucks on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies give back up to $50 just for signing your application on their website.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car can save up to 30% due to better safety requirements for new cars.
- Claim Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Homeowners Discount – Owning a home can help you save on insurance coverage because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Safe Driver Discount – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more on Tacoma insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Lesser-known factors impacting Toyota Tacoma insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. Understanding what determines base rates empowers consumers to make smart changes that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
Shown below are some of the items used by your company to calculate rates.
- Policy add-ons can waste money – There are many extra coverages that can waste your money on your 2009 Tacoma policy. Coverages for personal injury protection, accident forgiveness and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. These coverages may sound good when talking to your agent, but now you might not need them so eliminate them to save money.
- Marriage pays dividends – Getting married helps lower the price on car insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that married couples file fewer claims.
- Where you live is a factor – Living in less populated areas can save you money when buying car insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and much longer commute distances. Lower population translates into fewer accidents and a lower car theft rate.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with good safety scores tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means lower claim amounts and lower rates for you. If your Toyota Tacoma scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov you are probably receiving a discount.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most insurance companies will give a discount to people who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even though this discount sounds good, it’s still a good idea to compare rates to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Do you know your deductibles? – Physical damage deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be colliding with a building, vandalism, or theft. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the bigger discount you will receive on Tacoma insurance.
- Drive less and save money – The more you drive every year the more you will pay for car insurance. Almost all companies price each vehicle’s coverage based on their usage. Autos used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An improperly rated Tacoma may be wasting your money. Double check that your car insurance policy properly reflects the correct driver usage.
- Your credit rating is important – Credit history is a big factor in determining your rates. If your credit is not that good, you could be paying less to insure your 2009 Toyota Tacoma by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with lower credit scores.
Different people need different coverages
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your policy should reflect that. For example, these questions can aid in determining if your situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my 2009 Toyota Tacoma covered for smoke damage?
- Does insurance cover tools stolen from my truck?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
Ads can be misleading
GEICO, State Farm and Progressive constantly bombard you with ads on TV and radio. All the companies make an identical promise that you can save if you switch your coverage to them. How can each company claim to save you money?
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that makes them money. An example of a preferred risk might be profiled as between the ages of 40 and 55, has no prior claims, and has a high credit rating. Any new insured who meets those qualifications will get very good rates and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will have to pay higher rates which usually ends up with the customer not buying. The ads state “customers that switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. This is how insurance companies can confidently make those claims. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to compare as many rates as you can. You cannot predict which insurance coverage company will give you the biggest savings on Toyota Tacoma insurance.
Educate yourself about car insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your car insurance policy helps when choosing the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are the usual coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for collisions
This pays for damage to your Tacoma resulting from colliding with another car or object. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like crashing into a building, hitting a mailbox, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for immediate expenses like doctor visits, chiropractic care and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability coverage provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to other people or property that is your fault. This coverage protects you against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that means you have $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as structural damage, medical services, emergency aid, court costs and funeral expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage that is not covered by collision coverage. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as hail damage, hitting a deer, vandalism, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
More comparisons equals lower rates
We just covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2009 Toyota Tacoma insurance prices online. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers could even find that the best prices are with some of the lesser-known companies. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates as compared to the big name companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
While you’re price shopping online, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
Even more information is located by following these links:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Safe Vehicles for Teens (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors impact the rates for 2009 Toyota Tacoma insurance in 2023?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2009 Toyota Tacoma in 2023. These factors include the driver’s age, driving record, location, coverage options, deductibles, and the insurance company’s assessment of the vehicle’s risk profile. It’s essential to consider these factors when obtaining insurance quotes to find the most affordable rates for your specific situation.
Are there any discounts available for 2009 Toyota Tacoma insurance?
Yes, many car insurance companies offer various discounts that can help lower your insurance rates. These discounts can include factors such as safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, good student discounts, and more. It’s crucial to inquire with insurance providers about the available discounts to ensure you are taking advantage of all the potential savings opportunities.
Why do insurance rates vary between different car insurance companies?
Insurance rates can vary between car insurance companies due to their individual underwriting practices and risk assessments. Each insurance company has its own algorithms and criteria for determining rates, which may take into account factors such as claims history, credit score, location, and more. It’s recommended to compare quotes from multiple insurance providers to find the best rates for your 2009 Toyota Tacoma.
Do I need additional coverage options for my 2009 Toyota Tacoma?
The coverage options you need for your 2009 Toyota Tacoma will depend on your individual circumstances and preferences. While liability coverage is typically required by law, additional coverage options like collision, comprehensive, medical payments, and uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage can provide additional protection. It’s essential to assess your needs, consider your budget, and consult with an insurance professional to determine the appropriate coverage options for your specific situation.
How can I find companies offering cheap auto insurance rates for my 2009 Toyota Tacoma?
To find companies offering cheap auto insurance rates for your 2009 Toyota Tacoma, you can use online resources and quote comparison tools. Enter your ZIP code into these tools to receive quotes from multiple insurance companies. By comparing the rates and coverage options provided by different insurers, you can identify the most affordable options for insuring your 2009 Toyota Tacoma. Remember to consider both price and the quality of coverage when making your decision.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area