2009 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Cost
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 3, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping for the lowest cost car insurance over the internet can be intimidating for people who are new to shopping for insurance online. With so many companies competing online, how can anyone even start to compare the different rates to find the lowest rates?
Don’t miss these discounts
Companies don’t always advertise all their discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Own a Home – Owning a home may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- College Student – Kids in college living away from home attending college and do not have access to a covered vehicle can receive lower rates.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for buying a policy before your current policy expires. It can save you around 10%.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy life insurance from them.
- No Accidents – Claim-free drivers pay much less compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break just for signing your application online.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags can receive discounts of more than 20%.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
A partial list of companies that possibly offer these benefits include:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
- The Hartford
Double check with each company which discounts they offer. Savings might not apply everywhere.
The easiest way to compare insurance rates in your area is to understand almost all companies participate in a system to give you rate quotes. The one thing you need to do is spend a couple of minutes providing details like if a SR-22 is needed, distance driven, your credit rating estimate, and if you have a valid license. That rating information gets sent immediately to multiple auto insurance providers and they provide comparison quotes within a short period of time.
To start a quote now, click here and enter your zip code.
Factors that might impact rates for a Volkswagen Jetta
An important part of buying insurance is that you know some of the elements that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively impacts premium levels empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower auto insurance prices.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics demonstrate that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Both sexes are in accidents in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Insurance for physical damage to your car, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Volkswagen. Some examples of claims that would be covered are collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be on Jetta insurance.
- Discounts for multiple policies – Most auto insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who consolidate policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. This can amount to ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even with this discount, it’s in your best interest to compare other company rates to ensure the best deal.
- Extra add-on coverages are wasting money – There are a lot of extra bells and whistles that you can buy when buying auto insurance. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing coverage and term life insurance are examples of these. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
When might I need help?
When buying the best insurance coverage coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight whether or not you could use an agent’s help.
- Is my teen driver covered when they drive my company car?
- Is my babysitter covered when using my vehicle?
- Does my liability insurance cover pulling a trailer or camper?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Are you falling for claims of savings?
Companies like Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm continually stream ads on television and other media. All the ads have a common claim that you can save after switching to them. How do they all make the same claim? This is how they do it.
All the different companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer might be between the ages of 40 and 55, has no driving citations, and has great credit. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who don’t meet this ideal profile will be quoted more money which usually ends up with the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save that much money. That’s why companies can truthfully advertise the way they do. This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare as many rates as you can. It’s impossible to know which insurance coverage company will have the lowest Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates.
Car insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of your policy aids in choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense coverage
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses like dental work, surgery and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Auto liability insurance
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see liability limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like loss of income, court costs, funeral expenses, emergency aid and structural damage. How much liability should you purchase? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Auto collision coverage
Collision insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision can pay for things such as crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured or underinsured coverage
This gives you protection from other drivers when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and also any damage incurred to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is important protection for you and your family.
This pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as damage from flooding, theft and hail damage. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Take this to the bank
As you shop your coverage around, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an accident victim reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
Cheap 2009 Volkswagen Jetta insurance can be found both online in addition to many insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best chance of saving money. There are still a few companies who do not provide online quoting and many times these small insurance companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned some good ideas how to lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the most savings is with the smaller companies.
Even more information is available in these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area