Cheapest 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest insurance rates? Buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to make rate comparisons.
There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for insurance so we’re going to tell you the proper way to price shop coverage for a new or used Ford and locate the lowest price.
It’s important to price shop coverage before your policy renews because rates tend to go up over time. Even if you got the lowest rates for Explorer Sport Trac coverage last year a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the tricks you need to know to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
This information will instruct you on how to effectively get price quotes. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to save some money using these tips. Drivers only need an understanding of the most effective way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Where Can I Get Cheap Car Insurance?
Lowering your 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance rates can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is spend a few minutes on the computer to get quotes from different insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
Probably the best way to find low rates would be an industry-wide quote request form (click to open form in new window). This type of form eliminates the need for separate quotation requests to each individual car insurance company. One quote request gets you coverage quotes from many national carriers.It’s the quickest way to get rates.
A less efficient way to get quotes online is going to each company’s website and request a quote. For example, we’ll assume you want to compare Liberty Mutual, Allstate and Farmers. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to enter your coverage information, which is why the first method is quicker. To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just ensure you’re using exactly the same coverage limits and deductibles for every company. If the quotes have unequal deductibles or liability limits then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
How to save on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be applied when you get a quote, but a few need to be specially asked for before you get the savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less compared to insuring an older model.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government may qualify you for a discount for Explorer Sport Trac coverage with certain companies.
- Accident Free – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts as compared to frequent claim filers.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Own a Home – Owning a house may earn you a small savings due to the fact that maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Distant Student – Kids in college who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – A handful of insurance companies will forgive one accident before your rates go up so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Safe Driver Discount – Safe drivers may receive a discount up to 45% less for Explorer Sport Trac coverage than their less cautious counterparts.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, you’re out of luck. But all discounts will help reduce the cost of coverage.
A partial list of companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. Discounts may not be available in your state.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Every insured’s situation is different.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- How can I find cheaper teen driver insurance?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form. It is quick, free and you can get the answers you need.
Parts of your car insurance policy
Understanding the coverages of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive or Other Than Collision – This coverage covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, theft and rock chips in glass. The maximum amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
UM/UIM Coverage – This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Ford Explorer Sport Trac.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Normally these limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision – Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Explorer Sport Trac caused by collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and crashing into a ditch. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Auto liability – This protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 50/100/50 which means $50,000 bodily injury coverage, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage protects against things like legal defense fees, court costs, emergency aid, medical services and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but buy as much as you can afford.
Medical costs insurance – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like X-ray expenses, prosthetic devices, nursing services, dental work and ambulance fees. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
More comparisons equals lower rates
In this article, we presented a lot of techniques to save on 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may discover the best price on insurance is with the smaller companies.
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer, questionable increases in premium or policy non-renewal. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
Budget-conscious insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these smaller companies only sell through independent insurance agents.
To read more, feel free to browse these articles:
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford Explorer in Baltimore? (BaltimoreAutoGuard.com)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I get cheap car insurance?
Lowering your 2010 Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance rates can be relatively painless. The best way to find low rates is to use an industry-wide quote request form that allows you to receive coverage quotes from many national carriers with just one request. Another method is to visit each company’s website individually and request a quote.
How can I save on Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance?
There are various discounts available that can help you save on your Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance. Some discounts are automatically applied when you get a quote, while others need to be specifically requested. It’s important to note that most discounts reduce the cost of specific coverages and may not result in a completely free policy. To find out which discounts you qualify for, it’s best to check with each insurance company.
What parts of my car insurance policy should I understand?
It’s important to understand the different coverages included in your car insurance policy. Here are a few key coverages:
- Comprehensive or Other Than Collision: This coverage protects against damage to your vehicle caused by incidents other than collisions, such as theft or rock chips in the glass.
- UM/UIM Coverage: This coverage provides protection when you’re involved in an accident with a motorist who doesn’t have sufficient liability coverage.
- Collision: Collision insurance covers damage to your vehicle caused by collisions with other vehicles or objects.
- Auto Liability: This coverage protects you against claims from other people for damage to their property or injuries caused by an accident.
- Medical Costs Insurance: This coverage helps cover medical expenses resulting from an accident, such as X-ray expenses or ambulance fees.
How can I get lower rates on my insurance?
The key to getting lower insurance rates is to compare quotes from different companies. The more quotes you compare, the better your chances of finding the best price. You can obtain quotes online or through independent agents. It’s important to ensure that you’re using the same coverage limits and deductibles when comparing quotes to accurately evaluate the rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area