Cheapest 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buying cheap auto insurance over the internet can seem to be intimidating for consumers not familiar with comparing rates online. Since there are so many choices, how can consumers effectively compare every company to locate the best available rates?
The purpose of this post is to teach you the best way to quote coverages and some tips to save money. If you have car insurance now, you will most likely be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. But car owners must comprehend the way companies sell online and use this information to your advantage.
Compare Car Insurance Today
There are a variety of methods you can shop for 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac car insurance but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could spend the better part of a day driving to insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to get the quickest rates.
Many companies take part in a program where insurance shoppers submit one quote, and at least one company can provide price quotes based on that information. This saves time by eliminating quote forms for each company you want a rate for.
To compare pricing click here to start a free quote.
The single downside to pricing coverage this way is you don’t know exactly which providers you want to price. So if you want to choose from a list of companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverage limits and deductibles for each comparison quote. If the quotes have different deductibles it’s impossible to make a fair comparison for your Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes helps you find the best rates.
Factors that can influence insurance rates for a Ford Explorer Sport Trac
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that help determine auto insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates enables informed choices that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
The following are some of the items auto insurance companies consider when setting premiums.
- Do you need the policy add-ons? – There are quite a few add-on coverages that can waste your money on your auto insurance policy. Things like vanishing deductibles, accident forgiveness and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may seem good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Safer cars tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If the Ford Explorer Sport Trac has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Mature drivers pay less – More mature drivers are viewed as being more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents and get fewer tickets. Youthful drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
- Pay less after the wedding – Getting married can actually save you money when buying auto insurance. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Discounts are available to cut your rates
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may find discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but a few must be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend school more than 100 miles from home without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Auto/Life Discount – Some companies give better rates if you take out a life insurance policy as well.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates for Explorer Sport Trac coverage than less cautious drivers.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- Passive Restraints – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of 20% or more.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may trigger a car insurance policy discount due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Save with a New Car – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Explorer Sport Trac coverage.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies wouldn’t make money that way. Any amount of discount will help reduce your overall premium however.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
Check with every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state.
Everyone needs different coverages
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique.
For example, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Is my dog or cat covered if injured in an accident?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- What can I do if my company won’t pay a claim?
- Is my 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac covered for smoke damage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form.
Auto insurance 101
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. Policy terminology can be confusing and nobody wants to actually read their policy.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as hitting a deer, falling objects, damage from a tornado or hurricane and vandalism. The maximum payout a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical expense insurance
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for things like nursing services, X-ray expenses and doctor visits. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage provides protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. This coverage protects you from legal claims by others. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 25/50/25 which stand for $25,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Occasionally you may see a combined limit which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage pays for things such as medical services, court costs, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
Collision insurance covers damage to your Explorer Sport Trac from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things like rolling your car, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a mailbox and backing into a parked car. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Better coverage you can count on
We just showed you some good ideas how to save on 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac insurance. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. Consumers may even find the best price on insurance is with an unexpected company.
The cheapest insurance is possible on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not provide online price quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
People leave their current company for many reasons like being labeled a high risk driver, not issuing a premium refund, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new insurance company is actually quite simple.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors affect the insurance rates for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
Several factors can influence the insurance rates for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. These factors include the driver’s age, driving history, location, credit score, and the level of coverage chosen. Additionally, the vehicle’s safety features, repair costs, and theft rates may also impact insurance rates.
Are older vehicles like the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac generally more affordable to insure?
In general, older vehicles may have lower insurance rates compared to newer models due to their lower overall value. However, various factors such as safety features, repair costs, and theft rates can influence insurance rates. It is advisable to consult with insurance providers to obtain accurate quotes based on your specific circumstances.
Are there any specific safety features in the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac that can help lower insurance rates?
The 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac may be equipped with safety features that can help reduce insurance rates. These features can include anti-lock brakes (ABS), airbags, stability control, traction control, and anti-theft systems. Insurance providers often consider the presence of such safety features when determining insurance rates.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, it is recommended to gather quotes from multiple insurance providers. Comparing quotes can help you identify the best rates available to you. Additionally, maintaining a clean driving record, bundling policies, and inquiring about available discounts may also help lower insurance costs.
Does the location where I live impact the insurance rates for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
Yes, the location where you live can affect insurance rates for any vehicle, including the 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Insurance providers consider factors such as local crime rates, accident statistics, population density, and the frequency of severe weather events when calculating insurance premiums. Living in areas with higher crime rates or higher instances of accidents may lead to higher insurance rates.
Are there any insurance discounts available for insuring a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
Insurance providers often offer various discounts that can help lower insurance rates for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac. Some common discounts may include safe driver discounts, multi-vehicle discounts, bundling policies, good student discounts, and loyalty discounts. It is advisable to inquire with different insurance companies to determine the discounts available to you.
Is it necessary to purchase comprehensive and collision coverage for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac?
The decision to purchase comprehensive and collision coverage for a 2008 Ford Explorer Sport Trac depends on your individual circumstances and preferences. These coverages protect against damage to your vehicle in various situations, including accidents, theft, vandalism, and natural disasters. If you have a loan or lease on the vehicle, the lender may require you to carry these coverages. It is advisable to consider the value of your vehicle, your budget, and your level of risk tolerance when deciding on coverage options.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area