2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Nov 23, 2017
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced Hyundai Genesis Coupe insurance can drain your bank account, especially in this economy. Doing a price comparison is free, only takes a few minutes, and is a good way to make sure you’re not throwing money away. Since consumers have many choices of insurance companies, it is very difficult to find the most cost effective insurance company.
The purpose of this post is to introduce you to the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you will be able to save some money using this strategy. Vehicle owners just need to know how to compare rates over the internet.
Car Insurance Comparisons
There are several ways to shop for Hyundai Genesis Coupe car insurance, but one way is easier and takes less work. You can waste a few hours (or days) talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could use online quoting for quick rates.
Many companies belong to a marketplace where prospective buyers send in one quote, and every company can give them a price determined by their information. This prevents consumers from doing form submissions for every car insurance company. To submit your quote information now, click here (opens in new window).
The only downside to using this type of system is you cannot specify which providers to get pricing from. If you would rather choose from a list of companies to compare rates, we have a listing of the cheapest car insurance companies in your area. Click to view list.
It’s your choice how you get your quotes, but be sure to compare the exact same coverage limits for each comparison quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to decipher which rate is best.
Insurance myths debunked
Drivers can’t ignore all the ads for cheaper car insurance by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing about savings if you change to them.
But how can every company say the same thing?
All companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that makes them money. A good example of a preferred risk could possibly be over the age of 40, a clean driving record, and chooses high deductibles. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” receives the best rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Consumers who do not match these standards will be quoted higher premiums and ends up with business not being written. The ads say “customers that switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that much money. That is how companies can advertise the way they do.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which insurance company will give you the biggest savings on Hyundai Genesis Coupe insurance.
Impacting insurance rates for a Hyundai Genesis Coupe
Smart consumers have a good feel for the different types of things that go into determining insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay empowers consumers to make smart changes that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the items used by your company to calculate prices.
- Cautious drivers pay less – Whether or not you get tickets has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Good drivers have lower premiums than bad drivers. Just one speeding ticket can increase rates forty percent or more. Drivers with serious tickets such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) to the state department of motor vehicles in order to continue driving.
- Where do you drive? – The higher the mileage driven in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Almost all companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Ask your agent if your insurance declarations sheet properly reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect usage on your Genesis Coupe may be costing you.
- High numbers of claims are not good – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee higher rates. Companies provide cheaper rates to insureds who do not file claims often. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of the large, substantial claims.
- Better credit scores mean better rates – A driver’s credit score is a huge factor in calculating your insurance rates. People with high credit scores tend to be more responsible than drivers with lower credit scores. Therefore, if your credit history is low, you could pay less to insure your 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe by improving your rating.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean men are worse drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar percentages, but the male of the species have costlier accidents. Men also tend to get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Young males are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Higher deductibles cost less – Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are willing to pay out-of-pocket before your insurance pays a claim. Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered would be running into the backend of another car, damage from fire, or theft. The more the insured has to pay upfront, the less your insurance will be for Genesis Coupe coverage.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. These vehicles result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts passed on to you as lower rates. If your Hyundai Genesis Coupe scored better than four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
How to reduce 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe insurance rates
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there are discounts available to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but some must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit. If you don’t get every credit available, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Drive Less and Save – Driving fewer miles can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts up to 30%.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could be rewarded with lower premiums.
- Seat Belts Save – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your medical payments premium.
- Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off for Genesis Coupe coverage with a few car insurance companies.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous. Any amount of discount will bring down your premiums.
Car insurance companies who might offer these discounts include:
Before buying, ask each insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. Savings might not be offered in your area.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing adequate coverage, there really is not a “perfect” insurance plan. Every insured’s situation is different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that may help highlight if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Am I covered if I crash into my own garage door?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or click here for a list of auto insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Insurance coverages and their meanings
Knowing the specifics of your insurance policy can be of help when determining the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Shown next are typical coverages found on most insurance policies.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Genesis Coupe resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a building, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and sustaining damage from a pot hole. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects you against other people’s claims, and does not provide coverage for damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show values of 50/100/50 that means you have a $50,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as pain and suffering, structural damage, funeral expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses for things like prosthetic devices, doctor visits and pain medications. They are often used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers if you are hit as a while walking down the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive auto coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as hitting a bird, hail damage, rock chips in glass and falling objects. The highest amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Hyundai Genesis Coupe.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Money doesn’t grow on trees
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There have been many cases where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to find out that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate.
We covered a lot of ways to save on 2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe insurance. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get rates for, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Progressive or GEICO.
More information can be found on the following sites:
Frequently Asked Questions
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost?
- Cheap Car Insurance: Myth or Reality?
- Will a Speeding Ticket Raise My Car Insurance Rates?
- Car Insurance Rates 2018: Why are Prices Increasing?
- How Much Does Car Insurance Cost for a 16 Year Old?
- Which Cars are Cheapest to Insure?
- Does a Teenager with a Learner’s Permit Need to be Listed on my Policy?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Odyssey Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area