2010 Jeep Wrangler Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 2, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2010 Jeep Wrangler are $1,094 a year including full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $176 each year, collision insurance costs $204, and liability costs $534. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $588 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,346 or more. Teen drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,438 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,094
Rate estimates for 2010 Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2010 Jeep Wrangler models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a driver in their 40's, prices range range from as low as $588 for just liability insurance to a high rate of $2,346 for a driver who has had serious violations or accidents.
These differences highlight why all drivers should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of using price averages.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2010 Jeep Wrangler Insurance
Did you fall for a flashy sales pitch and buy an overpriced car insurance policy? Believe me when I say there are a lot of people just like you who feel imprisoned by their car insurance policy.
Many car insurance companies vie for your business, and because of this it can be hard to compare insurers to discover the definitive best rates possible.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
There are several ways to compare Jeep Wrangler insurance coverage prices but one way is more efficient than others. You could waste a few hours driving to agents in your area, or you can stay home and use online quoting to get pricing more quickly.
Most of the larger companies enroll in a system where insurance shoppers complete one form, and every company then returns a price quote based on that data. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for every insurance coverage company.
To access this free quoting program, click here to start a free quote.
The only downside to pricing coverage this way is you cannot specify the providers to receive prices from. So if you want to select from a list of companies for rate comparison, we put together a list of the cheapest insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
Whichever way you use, make darn sure you compare the exact same quote information on every quote you get. If the quotes have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to make an equal comparison. Just a small difference in coverages may result in a large different in cost. And when comparison shopping, more quotes gives you a better chance of getting the best price.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always list every available discount very clearly, so the following is a list of both the well known and the harder-to-find discounts you could be receiving.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Vehicles with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance for Wrangler insurance.
- Accident Forgiveness – A few companies will forgive one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims prior to the accident.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for a discount up to 10% for Wrangler insurance.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Jeep can qualify you for a substantially lower rate.
- Claim Free – Good drivers with no accidents pay less when compared to bad drivers.
Drivers should understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- 21st Century
- State Farm
Check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
Factors that can influence Jeep Wrangler insurance rates
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get lower car insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors that factor into your rates.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Save money with special equipment – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention features like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft.
- Traffic citations inflate rates – Even a single moving violation may increase your cost by twenty percent. Drivers with clean records receive lower rates than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to file a SR-22 with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Are you male or female? – The statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes cause accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage. They also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore have the most expensive car insurance rates.
- Mature drivers pay less – Youthful drivers are known to be less responsible in a vehicle so car insurance rates are higher. Mature drivers tend to be more responsible, file fewer claims and receive fewer citations.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks left parked in the garage get more affordable rates compared to those used for work or business. Make sure your car insurance coverage is rated on the proper vehicle usage. Incorrect usage on your Wrangler may be costing you.
- Don’t cancel a policy without a new one in place – Driving with no insurance is illegal and you will pay a penalty because you let your coverage have a gap. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Situations that might require an agent
When choosing coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions might point out if your situation may require specific advice.
- Will my vehicle be repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2010 Jeep Wrangler?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my business laptop covered if it gets stolen from my vehicle?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Can you really save $392 a year?
Auto insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm consistently run ads on television and other media. They all seem to make the same claim that you’ll save big if you change your policy. How can each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the type of customer that is profitable for them. For instance, a driver they prefer could possibly be over the age of 40, is a homeowner, and has excellent credit. Any driver who matches those parameters will get the preferred rates and most likely will pay quite a bit less when switching companies.
Potential customers who are not a match for the requirements will be charged higher premiums which leads to business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. This is how insurance companies can confidently claim big savings. That is why it is so important to compare many company’s rates. It’s impossible to know the company that will provide you with the cheapest Jeep Wrangler insurance rates.
Insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of your policy can help you determine the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the normal coverages offered by insurance companies.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Jeep Wrangler.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like theft, vandalism, a tree branch falling on your vehicle and damage from flooding. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for liability
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to people or other property by causing an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have values of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $100,000, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims like repair costs for stationary objects, medical services, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and loss of income. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
This coverage pays for damage to your Wrangler resulting from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, sustaining damage from a pot hole and crashing into a ditch. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Coverage for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage pay for expenses such as nursing services, X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and hospital visits. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. It covers all vehicle occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
More effort can pay off
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, consumers will sacrifice comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Low-cost 2010 Jeep Wrangler insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Speed and Speed Limit FAQ (iihs.org)
- Eight Auto Insurance Myths (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,728|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,869|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$64|
|5-yr Claim Free||$68|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$38|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.