2010 Lexus RX 350 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
I can’t think of anyone who looks forward to buying auto insurance, especially when the price is too high.
You have so many car insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, it can be more challenging to compare company pricing.
The purpose of this article is to tell you the most effective way to quote insurance and some tricks to saving. If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to cut costs considerably using these tips. But consumers do need to understand the way companies price insurance differently and take advantage of how the system works.
Don’t pay full price with these discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you quote, but a few must be asked for before being credited.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to complete a driver education course in school.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may earn 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts could cut 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home can save you money because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Paperless Signup – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing digitally online.
- Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization could trigger savings when buying auto insurance for RX 350 insurance.
Consumers should know that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you won’t be that lucky. But all discounts will reduce your overall premium however.
A partial list of companies that may offer these money-saving discounts may include but are not limited to:
- American Family
- Farm Bureau
- State Farm
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be available in your area.
The quickest method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates utilizes the fact most insurance companies provide online access to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give them rating details such as the ages of drivers, if the vehicle is leased, how much coverage you want, and your education level. That information is instantly provided to multiple companies and they return rate quotes instantly to find the best rate.
Lexus RX 350 insurance rates consist of many parts
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that come into play when calculating auto insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates helps enable you to make changes that can help you get big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” that factor into your rates.
- Safer occupants lowers premiums – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. Safer cars result in less severe injuries and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies passed on to you as lower rates. If your Lexus RX 350 has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you are probably receiving a discount.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Choosing a vehicle with an alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft features such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart your car from being stolen.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most insurers will give a discount to insureds who carry more than one policy. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can add up to five, ten or even twenty percent. Even if you’re getting this discount you may still want to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage provides coverage when a court rules you are at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Mature drivers pay less – Young drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Parents adding a teen driver onto your auto insurance can be very expensive. Older drivers tend to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents and receive fewer citations.
- Bump up deductibles to save – Physical damage insurance, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, protects your Lexus from damage. Some examples of claims that would be covered are a windshield shattered by a rock, damage caused by hail, and burglary. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend before a claim is paid by your company. The more money the insured has to pay upfront, the less your auto insurance will be for RX 350 insurance.
- Always keep insurance in force – Driving without insurance can get your license suspended and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, but being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.You may then be required to prove you have insurance by filing a SR-22 with your state DMV.
- Women pay lower rates – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, this does not mean women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women cause accidents in similar numbers, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also statistically receive more costly citations like reckless driving and DUI. Male drivers age 16 to 19 are most likely to cause an accident and therefore have the most expensive auto insurance rates.
Your personal situation dictates your coverage
When choosing proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For example, these questions might help in determining if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Do I need roadside assistance coverage?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is my custom paint covered by insurance?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
Can you really save that much by switching?
Companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use television and radio advertisements. All the ads make an identical promise that you can save if you move your policy. How does each company say the same thing?
Different companies can use profiling for the right customer they prefer to insure. For example, a profitable customer could be between 25 and 40, insures multiple vehicles, and drives newer vehicles. Any new insured that hits that “sweet spot” gets the lowest rates and most likely will save when they switch companies.
Consumers who are not a match for the “perfect” profile will be charged higher rates and this can result in business not being written. The ad wording is “customers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
That is why drivers should get as many quotes as possible. You cannot predict the company that will have the lowest Lexus RX 350 insurance rates.
Coverages available on your insurance policy
Having a good grasp of your policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find typical coverage types found on the average insurance policy.
Coverage for liability – Liability coverage protects you from damage that occurs to a person or their property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from claims by other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, emergency aid and structural damage. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage – Your UM/UIM coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your Lexus RX 350.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Most of the time these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Collision coverages – Collision coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You will need to pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for things such as driving through your garage door, colliding with another moving vehicle, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Coverage for medical payments – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses such as doctor visits, ambulance fees, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers both the driver and occupants and will also cover getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Comprehensive coverages – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like damage from flooding, falling objects, hitting a deer, rock chips in glass and vandalism. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Keep this in mind
You just read quite a bit of information on how to lower your 2010 Lexus RX 350 insurance rates. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may be surprised to find that the lowest priced car insurance comes from the least-expected company. Regional companies often have lower prices on specific markets compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
As you shop your coverage around, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced full coverage and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
To read more, feel free to visit these articles:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area