Mazda Mazda 5 Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jan 6, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Consumers have a choice when looking for the lowest priced Mazda 5 insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to find insurance online so you’re going to learn the quickest way to get price quotes for your Mazda and find the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
You need to get comparison quotes yearly because insurance prices change regularly. Just because you found the best deal for 5 insurance a few years ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate quote today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re going to learn one of the quickest ways to find better rates and still maintain coverage.
If you have insurance now or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. The purpose of this article is to help educate you on how car insurance quotes work and some tricks to saving. Consumers just need to know the tricks to shop over the internet.
Get lower-cost insurance rates by understanding these factors
Many factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, but other criteria are more obscure such as your credit history or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the most common factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
- Where you live – Residing in less populated areas of the country can be a good thing when it comes to auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Fewer people translates into fewer accident claims and a lower car theft rate.
- Policy add-ons add up – Insurance policies have a lot of optional add-on coverages that can add up on your auto insurance policy. Coverage for things like personal injury protection, towing, and term life insurance are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea at first, but if you have no use for them eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Deter theft and reduce auto insurance rates – Choosing to buy a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices such as OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all hinder your vehicle from being stolen.
- Companies want multiple policies – Most major companies apply better rates to policyholders that have more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. Even though this discount sounds good, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to guarantee you are still saving the most.
- File a claims and pay more – Car insurance companies generally give lower rates to people who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is designed for the large, substantial claims.
- Mileage impacts prices – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. A lot of companies charge rates determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars that do not get driven very much get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated 5 may be wasting your money. Make sure your auto insurance coverage states how each vehicle is driven.
Insurance coverage discounts help slash rates
Auto insurance companies do not advertise every possible discount very clearly, so we took the time to find a few of the more common and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a driver safety course may get you a small discount if you qualify.
- Life Insurance Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off PIP or medical payments premium.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a new car may earn a small discount since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents may save up to 50% more for 5 insurance than less cautious drivers.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class in high school.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars, trucks, and SUVs with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and earn discounts up to 10% off your car insurance quote.
- Paper-free Discount – A few companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Military Deployment Discount – Being on active deployment in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a car insurance quote. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will positively reduce your overall bill.
If you would like to see a list of insurers that offer discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Which is the best insurance coverage?
When it comes to buying adequate coverage for your vehicles, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique.
These are some specific questions might help in determining whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- Am I covered when driving in Canada or Mexico?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
- When should I not file a claim?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Car insurance coverages explained
Knowing the specifics of car insurance aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against things like driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, sustaining damage from a pot hole and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
This provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people in an accident. It protects you against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have policy limits of 50/100/50 that translate to a limit of $50,000 per injured person, $100,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $50,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, attorney fees, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds and medical expenses. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for bills such as funeral costs, X-ray expenses, dental work and hospital visits. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to both the driver and occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mazda 5.
Since a lot of drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like fire damage, falling objects, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Never pay more for less
In this article, we covered some good ideas how to reduce 2010 Mazda 5 insurance car insurance rates online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest car insurance. You may be surprised to find that the lowest car insurance rates are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When searching for the cheapest car insurance quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
Affordable 2010 Mazda 5 insurance can be found on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies sell through independent agencies.
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Winter Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Jeep Grand Cherokee Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area