Cheap 2011 Buick Lucerne Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 8, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an underperforming, overpriced auto insurance policy? Trust us, you’re not the only one.
You have multiple insurers to insure vehicles with, and though it is a good thing to have multiple companies, lots of choices makes it harder to compare rates.
Consumers need to take a look at other company’s rates on a regular basis due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. Even if you got the lowest rates on Lucerne coverage six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. So forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you how to use online quotes to lower your annual insurance bill.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Costs
Most companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO provide pricing directly from their websites. Getting online rates doesn’t take a lot of time as you simply enter the coverages you want as requested by the quote form. When complete, the system will order your credit score and driving record and returns pricing information determined by many factors. This streamlines rate comparisons, but the time it takes to visit each company’s website and repetitively complete many quote forms is monotonous and tiresome. But it’s absolutely necessary to compare as many rates as possible if you want to find better insurance coverage pricing.
A less time-consuming method to locate the lowest prices is to use a quote form that obtains quotes from several companies at one time. It saves time, requires much less work on your part, and makes online price comparison a lot less work. As soon as you send your information, it is rated with multiple companies and you can pick your choice of the pricing results.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and purchase coverage. This process takes just a few minutes to complete and can result in significant savings.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, click here to open in new window and fill out the form. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you copy deductibles and limits identical to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you are getting rate comparison quotes based on the exact same insurance coverage.
These factors can influence Buick Lucerne insurance rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the different types of things that help determine the price you pay for car insurance. Understanding what controls the rates you pay allows you to make educated decisions that could result in better car insurance rates.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving your car without having proper coverage is against the law and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Liability coverage protects you – Liability coverage is the protection if a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide you with a defense in court which can cost thousands of dollars. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men have accidents in similar numbers, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also receive more costly citations like DUI and reckless driving.
- Equipment add-ons that lower car insurance rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft features such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart auto theft.
- Bad driving skills means higher rates – Your driving record has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Even a single citation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with clean records have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers who get dangerous violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may be required to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with the DMV in their state in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Teen drivers pay high rates – More mature drivers are more responsible, tend to file fewer claims and are safer drivers. Teen drivers are known to be careless and easily distracted when driving therefore car insurance rates are much higher.
How to save on 2011 Buick Lucerne insurance
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but discounts can save money and there are some available to reduce the price significantly. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but less common discounts must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Buick could be rewarded with lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Good Student – Getting good grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. This discount can apply up until you turn 25.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Cars that have air bags or motorized seat belts may earn rate discounts up to 30%.
- Own a Home – Owning a home can save you money because of the fact that having a home is proof that your finances are in order.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies offer discounts for switching to them prior to your current policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
Consumers should know that many deductions do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But all discounts will cut your overall premium however.
For a list of providers who offer insurance discounts, follow this link.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Each situation is unique so this has to be addressed. For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation could use an agent’s help.
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Are rock chip repairs covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area.
The coverage is in the details
Understanding the coverages of insurance can help you determine the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement. These are the normal coverages available from insurance companies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for short-term medical expenses for things like chiropractic care, hospital visits, rehabilitation expenses and X-ray expenses. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers things such as funeral expenses, attorney fees, legal defense fees and court costs. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Buick Lucerne.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages is a good idea. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Lucerne from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door, sideswiping another vehicle and colliding with a tree. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as a broken windshield, vandalism and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Smart shoppers get results
Discount 2011 Buick Lucerne insurance can be purchased online as well as from independent agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
We just presented some good ideas how to save on insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest rates come from an unexpected company. Regional companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
More tips and info about car insurance can be found in these articles:
- Distracted Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Comprehensive Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Dodge Grand Caravan Insurance
- Chevrolet Malibu Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area