Ford Ford Explorer Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for cheaper car insurance rates? Shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Ford Explorer insurance. They can either spend hours struggling with agents to get rate comparisons or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to find car insurance online and we’ll show you the best way to quote coverages for your Ford and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers.
You should make it a habit to shop coverage around at least once a year because rates are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you had the best deal on Explorer insurance a couple years back the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. You’ll find quite a bit of inaccurate information about car insurance online, so with this article, you’re going to get a bunch of ideas how to save money.
If you have a policy now or are looking for a new policy, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay while maximizing coverage. This article will instruct you on the best way to quote coverages and some money-saving tips. Drivers only need to know the most efficient way to shop for car insurance online.
Ford Explorer rates influenced by many factors
Consumers need to have an understanding of the rating factors that go into determining the rates you pay for insurance. Having a good understanding of what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Sex matters – Statistics demonstrate that women are safer drivers than men. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. They both are in accidents at a similar rate, but men cause more damage. Men also get more serious tickets like reckless driving and DUI. Youthful male drivers are several times more likely to be in an accident and are penalized with high insurance rates.
- Choose a safe vehicle and save – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. These vehicles protect occupants better and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company passed on to you as lower rates. If your Ford is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- No coverage gaps is important – Driving with no insurance is illegal and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, but not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Bundling policies can get discounts – Most companies will award you with lower prices to customers who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, you still need to shop around to ensure the best deal. You may still be able to find a better deal by splitting coverages up.
- Liability insurance protects assets – The liability section of your policy is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for damages caused by your negligence. It will provide for a legal defense starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not cut corners here.
- Do you work long hours in a high stress job? – Careers like lawyers, architects and financial analysts are shown to have higher average rates because of high stress levels and lengthy work days. Conversely, jobs such as pilots, engineers and the unemployed pay the least on Explorer insurance.
The quickest way to compare policy rates is to know most of the larger companies participate in a system to provide you with free rate quotes. To get started, all you need to do is give the companies some data such as if the car is leased, coverage limits, your job, and an estimate of your credit level. Those rating factors is instantly sent to multiple companies and you get price estimates instantly.
To compare rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
Car insurance ads bend the truth
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance by companies like State Farm and Allstate. They all make an identical promise of big savings if you switch to them.
How can each company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the type of customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk might be a mature driver, is a homeowner, and drives less than 7,500 miles a year. A customer who matches those parameters will qualify for the lowest rates and is almost guaranteed to cut their rates substantially.
Potential customers who do not match the requirements will be quoted more money which leads to the customer not buying. The ads say “drivers who switch” not “everyone that quotes” save money. This is how insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings.
This emphasizes why you need to get a wide range of price quotes. Because you never know which company will provide you with the cheapest Ford Explorer insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your rates
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be inquired about before being credited. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Anti-theft System – Vehicles equipped with anti-theft or alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Discount – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may be able to get a small decrease in premiums on Explorer insurance.
- Defensive Driving Course – Successfully completing a course in driver safety can save you 5% or more if you qualify.
- Accident Free – Drivers who don’t have accidents pay less when compared with drivers who are more careless.
- Paperwork-free – Certain companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying your policy online.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper since new cars are generally safer.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Life Insurance Discount – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
A little note about advertised discounts, most discount credits are not given the whole policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability and collision coverage. Just because you may think adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce the amount you have to pay.
A partial list of companies that may offer some of the above discounts include:
- State Farm
- American Family
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
Before buying, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not apply in every state.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Different people need different coverages
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
For example, these questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- If my 2011 Ford Explorer is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- Is my cargo covered for damage or theft?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Does my policy pay for OEM or aftermarket parts?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.
Specific coverages for a 2011 Ford Explorer
Learning about specific coverages of insurance can help you determine the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Comprehensive insurance – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like vandalism, fire damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount a insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Collision coverage – This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, backing into a parked car, colliding with another moving vehicle and hitting a mailbox. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Auto liability insurance – Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others. Liability doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) which limits claims to one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability coverage protects against things such as legal defense fees, bail bonds, structural damage and medical services. How much coverage you buy is a personal decision, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” either have no liability insurance or not enough. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries and also any damage incurred to your 2011 Ford Explorer.
Since many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important. Normally these coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for immediate expenses like ambulance fees, surgery, hospital visits and prosthetic devices. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Be a Smart Shopper
Affordable 2011 Ford Explorer insurance is definitely available on the web in addition to many insurance agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some insurance companies do not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these small, regional companies provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, high rates after DUI convictions or policy non-renewal. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
When shopping online for insurance coverage, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are a lot of situations where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage at the best price.
More detailed insurance coverage information can be read in the articles below:
Frequently Asked Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area