Cheapest 2011 Mazda 2 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shoppers have a choice when shopping for affordable Mazda 2 insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to compare prices or use the internet to compare rates.
There are both good and bad ways to shop for car insurance and we’ll show you the quickest way to compare rates on a Mazda and find the lowest possible price either online or from local insurance agents.
If you have a current car insurance policy or need a new policy, you can use this information to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. This article will familiarize you with how to effectively get price quotes. Drivers just need to know the best way to buy car insurance online.
Why you might pay lower rates
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. When you understand what determines base rates, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in lower auto insurance prices.
Listed below are some of the factors used by your company to calculate your rate level.
- Teen drivers are expensive to insure – Teen drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible when driving therefore auto insurance rates are much higher. Adding a inexperienced driver to your policy will cause a huge premium hike. More mature drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents .
- Don’t skimp on liability – The liability coverage on your policy kicks in in the event that a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. Liability insurance is quite affordable compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so do not skimp.
- Accidents cost more than a fine – Just one moving violation could increase your next policy renewal by as much as thirty percent. Careful drivers get better prices as compared to careless drivers. Drivers who have received severe citations such as DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding are required to prove financial responsibility with their state’s licensing department in order to legally drive.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles protect occupants better and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid which can result in lower premiums.
- Are you male or female? – Statistics show that females take fewer risks when driving. The data does not necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both are in accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. They also get ticketed for serious violations like DUI and reckless driving. Teenage male drivers tend to get in the most accidents and therefore pay the highest rates.
- Always keep your auto insurance in place – Driving without insurance coverage in place is a big no-no and companies may charge more for letting your insurance expire. Not only will you pay higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines and jail time.
Cheaper auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but a few must be asked about before being credited.
- Good Student – Performing well in school can save 20 to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- One Accident Forgiven – This one isn’t a discount, but a few companies such as Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will forgive one accident before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a set time period.
- Active Service Discounts – Being deployed with a military unit can result in better rates.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a small decrease in premiums on 2 insurance.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can earn discounted premium rates on garaged vehicles.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who agree to allow companies to study vehicle usage by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if their driving habits are good.
- College Student Discount – who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college may qualify for this discount.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
You can save money using discounts, but most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though the math looks like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the larger companies that have some of the discounts shown above include:
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you need affordable insurance coverage quotes, ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of providers who offer cheap auto insurance quotes, click here to view.
Insurance in the media
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that claim the best prices from companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO. They all say the same thing that drivers will save a bundle after switching your policy.
How can each company charge you a lower premium? Here is the trick they use.
Most companies have strict underwriting profiles for the type of driver that will generate a profit. For example, a desirable insured might be described as a female over age 40, has a clean driving record, and drives a lower-performance vehicle. Someone who meets those qualifications will probably get the lowest prices as well as save some money.
Potential customers who cannot meet the “perfect” profile will probably be forced to pay more expensive rates which translates to business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state “people that switch” not “all people who quote” save that much when switching. That’s why companies can make those statements.
Each company has different criteria, so drivers must get as many free insurance coverage quotes as possible. Because you cannot predict the company that will have the lowest rates for your situation.
Tailor your car insurance coverage to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- Am I insured when driving a different vehicle?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and you can get the answers you need.
Car insurance coverage information
Knowing the specifics of your policy helps when choosing the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP pay for expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, funeral costs, doctor visits and surgery. They can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you lack health insurance entirely. Coverage applies to you and your occupants in addition to being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 100/300/100 which means $100,000 bodily injury coverage, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one limit called combined single limit (CSL) that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like attorney fees, repair costs for stationary objects, emergency aid and legal defense fees. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like vandalism, hitting a deer, hail damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage pays for damage to your 2 from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage protects against things such as damaging your car on a curb, crashing into a building, hitting a parking meter, colliding with another moving vehicle and scraping a guard rail. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to bump up the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Mazda 2.
Since many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Quote more. Save more.
The cheapest 2011 Mazda 2 insurance is available from both online companies and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not have rate quotes online and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agencies.
We just showed you some good ideas how to shop for 2011 Mazda 2 insurance online. The most important thing to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Consumers may even find the lowest priced insurance coverage comes from a small local company.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, high prices, policy non-renewal or even policy cancellation. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is easier than you think.
Even more information can be found in the articles below:
- Information for Teen Drivers (GEICO)
- Electronic Stability Control FAQ (iihs.org)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Credit Impacts Car Insurance Rates (State Farm)
- Driving in Bad Weather (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors determine the cost of insurance for a 2011 Mazda 2?
Several factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2011 Mazda 2, including the driver’s age, driving history, location, annual mileage, coverage limits, deductible amount, and the overall claims history for the model. Additionally, insurance providers consider the car’s safety features, repair costs, theft rates, and accident statistics when calculating premiums.
Is the 2011 Mazda 2 generally affordable to insure?
The cost of insurance varies depending on individual circumstances and the insurance provider’s policies. However, the 2011 Mazda 2 is generally considered an affordable vehicle to insure due to its smaller size and lower price tag compared to larger, more expensive cars. Insurance providers often consider these factors when determining premiums.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2011 Mazda 2?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2011 Mazda 2, it is recommended to shop around and compare quotes from different insurance providers. You can contact various insurance companies, use online comparison tools, or work with an insurance broker to get multiple quotes. Be sure to review the coverage options and consider factors beyond price, such as customer service and claim handling, to make an informed decision.
Are there any specific insurance discounts available for a 2011 Mazda 2?
Insurance providers often offer discounts that can help lower the cost of insuring a 2011 Mazda 2. Some common discounts include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (if you have multiple insurance policies with the same provider), good student discounts (for students with good grades), and discounts for certain safety features installed in the vehicle, such as anti-lock brakes or anti-theft devices. Contact your insurance provider to inquire about any available discounts.
Are there any insurance considerations specific to the 2011 Mazda 2?
While insurance considerations may vary depending on the insurance provider, it is worth noting that the 2011 Mazda 2 is known for its good safety ratings and fuel efficiency. These factors may positively impact insurance premiums. However, insurance rates may also be influenced by the cost of parts and repairs specific to this model. It’s advisable to check with insurance providers or an insurance broker to get accurate information regarding the specific considerations for insuring a 2011 Mazda 2.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Ford Escape Insurance
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area