Cheapest 2012 Mazda 2 Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Aug 23, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for the cheapest insurance coverage rates for your Mazda 2? Are you sick and tired of trying to scrape together enough money to buy insurance coverage? Your situation is no different than the majority of other people.
Multiple insurers compete for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive cheapest price
Smart consumers take time to do rate comparisons yearly because insurance prices trend upward over time. If you had the lowest quotes for 2 coverage two years ago there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Forget all the misinformation about insurance coverage because you’re about to learn how to use the internet to save money, get proper deductibles and limits, all at the lowest rate.
If you currently have car insurance, you should be able to save some money using this information. Choosing the best insurance company for you is not rocket science. But consumers do need to learn the way companies determine prices.
Buy insurance online
To find cheap quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from different companies. The best method to comparison shop consists of shopping online. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple minutes as outlined below.
- The simplest way to find low rates is an all-inclusive rate comparison click here to open form in new window. This form prevents you from having to do a different quote for every company. One quote request gets you price quotes from several companies.
- Another way to find lower rates consists of going to the website of each company and fill out their own quote form. For sake of this example, we’ll pretend you want to view quotes from Farmers, 21st Century and American Family. You would be required to take the time to go to each site and punch in your information repeatedly, which is not fast way to get rate quotes.
To view a list of companies in your area, click here.
- Even if you have time, the least recommended way to quote and compare insurance rates is actually driving to and from local insurance agencies. Doing it all online has reduced the need for local agents unless you have a need for the trained guidance that only an agent can give. You can, however, compare the best prices online but have your policy serviced through an agent.
It’s up to you how you get prices quotes, just try to use identical deductibles and coverage limits on every quote. If you are comparing different values for each quote it will be next to impossible to determine the lowest rate for your Mazda 2. Quoting even small variations in coverage limits could mean much higher rates. And when quoting insurance, remember that comparing more company’s prices increases your odds of finding the best price.
Ads can be misleading
Popular insurance providers such as GEICO, State Farm and Progressive continually stream ads on TV and radio. They all seem to advertise claims that drivers will save a bundle after switching your policy. How do they all save you money? It’s all in how they say it.
Insurance companies have specific characteristics for the type of customer that will be a good risk. One example of a driver they prefer may be over age 30, has no tickets, and drives a safe vehicle. Anyone who meets those qualifications will qualify for the lowest prices and therefore will save money with a new company.
Consumers who are not a match for these stringent criteria will have to pay a higher rate which translates to business not being written. If you listen closely, the ads state “customers that switch” not “everybody who quotes” can get the lowest rates when switching. That is how companies can truthfully make those statements. This really drives home the point why it’s extremely important to compare quotes as often as possible. It’s not possible to predict which insurance company will have the lowest rate quotes.
Affordable car insurance rates with discounts
Car insurance companies do not list every disount available in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous credits available to bring down your rates.
- Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can save you money because it means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few larger companies allow discounts for buying a policy before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Theft Deterent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Paper-free Discount – Some larger companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks just for signing your application over the internet.
- Student Discounts – Being a good student may save you up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may be able to be covered for less.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying employment or professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Despite the fact that it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
Car insurance companies who may offer some of the above discounts include:
When getting a coverage quote, ask each insurance company how you can save money. Some discounts may not apply in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of car insurance companies who offer free car insurance quotes, click this link.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
When it comes to buying proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s needs are different so your insurance should reflect that Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining whether you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- Am I covered by my employer’s commercial auto policy when driving my personal car for business?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- Should I carry comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Which companies will insure high-risk drivers?
- Do I need medical payments coverage since I have good health insurance?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation then you might want to talk to an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
The coverage is in the details
Knowing the specifics of car insurance helps when choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and nobody wants to actually read their policy. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on most car insurance policies.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills such as chiropractic care, pain medications and nursing services. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. They cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is not available in all states and may carry a deductible
This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things such as falling objects, damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, rock chips in glass and theft. The maximum payout your car insurance company will pay is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as damage to your Mazda 2.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
This protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. This coverage protects you against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, $300,000 for the entire accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers claims like bail bonds, emergency aid and legal defense fees. How much liability should you purchase? That is up to you, but you should buy as much as you can afford.
This covers damage to your 2 from colliding with an object or car. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like sideswiping another vehicle, crashing into a ditch, sustaining damage from a pot hole, driving through your garage door and crashing into a building. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Be a smart shopper
In this article, we covered a lot of techniques to reduce 2012 Mazda 2 insurance premium rates online. The key thing to remember is the more companies you get prices for, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive insurance. You may be surprised to find that the best premium rates are with a lesser-known regional company. Some small companies may cover specific market segments cheaper than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not reduce needed coverages to save money. There have been many cases where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage to discover at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The proper strategy is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper 2012 Mazda 2 insurance is definitely available on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should compare both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not provide the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through local independent agents.
For more information, take a look at the articles below:
- Auto Insurance FAQ (Farmers Insurance)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Vehicle Insurance (Wikipedia)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Nissan Altima Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area