2011 Nissan Sentra Insurance Rates
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 6, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Average insurance rates for a 2011 Nissan Sentra are $1,122 a year for full coverage. Comprehensive insurance costs on average $168, collision insurance costs $322, and liability costs $474. Buying a liability-only policy costs as little as $522 a year, and high-risk insurance costs $2,444 or more. Teenage drivers receive the highest rates at up to $4,498 a year.
Annual premium for full coverage: $1,122
Rate estimates for 2011 Nissan Sentra Insurance
Rate data is compiled from all 50 U.S. states and averaged for all 2011 Nissan Sentra models. Rates are based on a 40-year-old male driver, $500 comprehensive and collision deductibles, and a clean driving record. Remaining premium consists of UM/UIM coverage, Medical/PIP, and policy fees.
Price Range by Coverage and Risk
For a middle-aged driver, prices range range from as low as $522 for basic liability insurance to the much higher price of $2,444 for a high risk driver.
These differences show why everyone should compare rates based on a specific location and risk profile, instead of making a decision based on average rates.
Use the form below to get rates for your location.
Enter your zip code below to view companies based on your location that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Recommended Companies for Cheap 2011 Nissan Sentra Insurance
I can’t think of a single person who likes having to buy auto insurance, in particular when their premiums are too high. Drivers have multiple auto insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s nice to have a selection, it makes it harder to find the best rates for your vehicles.
It’s smart to get comparison quotes before your policy renews because insurance rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best rates on Sentra coverage on your last policy you may be paying too much now. So just forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because it’s time to teach you the right way to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The most recommended method to compare policy rates takes advantage of the fact almost all companies pay for the opportunity to give free rates quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a little information like coverage limits, the make and model of your vehicles, if you require a SR-22, and if you have a valid license. The data is instantly sent to insurance carriers in your area and you receive quotes within a short period of time.
To get price quotes for your 2011 Nissan Sentra, click here and enter your zip code.
Save money by taking advantage of these discounts
Auto insurance companies do not list every discount very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find savings tricks you should be using. If you’re not getting every credit possible, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Senior Citizens – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you can possibly qualify for better car insurance rates on Sentra coverage.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off your medical payments premium.
- Homeowners Savings – Owning a home may trigger a car insurance policy discount because of the fact that having a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Keeping the miles down on your Nissan could qualify for a substantially lower rate.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes prevent accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Driver Safety – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driving skills could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Sign Online – Certain companies will give a small break for buying your policy digitally online.
- Save with a New Car – Putting insurance coverage on a new car is cheaper because new vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. So when it seems like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies don’t profit that way.
To see a list of insurers who offer car insurance discounts, click here.
Nissan Sentra rates are in the details
It’s important that you understand the rating factors that help determine your car insurance rates. Knowing what controls the rates you pay helps enable you to make changes that may reward you with lower car insurance prices.
The following are a few of the “ingredients” that factor into rates.
- Being married can save on car insurance – Having a spouse can actually save you money on your policy. Marriage is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that being married results in fewer claims.
- Protect yourself with liability coverage – Your policy’s liability coverage is the coverage that protects you if a court rules you are at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It will provide for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not skimp.
- Lower miles equals lower premium – The more miles you rack up on your Nissan each year the higher your rate. Most companies rate vehicles based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars used primarily for pleasure use receive lower rates than vehicles that are driven to work every day. Double check that your car insurance policy shows how each vehicle is driven, because improper ratings can cost you money. If your policy improperly rates your Sentra can cost quite a bit.
- Do men or women drive better? – Statistics demonstrate women are more cautious behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes are in accidents at about the same rate, but men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also have more aggressive citations like DUI and reckless driving.
When should I use an insurance agent?
When it comes to choosing adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Each situation is unique so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- What is the difference between comprehensive and collision coverage?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2011 Nissan Sentra?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is my 2011 Nissan Sentra covered for smoke damage?
- Can I afford low physical damage deductibles?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2011 Nissan Sentra?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Switch companies and save? Really?
Consumers can’t get away from ads for car insurance savings by companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive. All the companies say the same thing that you can save if you change to them.
But how can every company claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver they prefer to insure. An example of a desirable insured might be profiled as over the age of 50, has no driving citations, and has a high credit rating. A propective insured who meets those qualifications will get the preferred rates and most likely will save a lot of money.
Consumers who are not a match for these standards will have to pay a more expensive rate which leads to business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how companies can state the savings. Because of the profiling, drivers should compare as many rates as you can. It’s not possible to predict the company that will have the lowest Nissan Sentra insurance rates.
Detailed coverages of your auto insurance policy
Having a good grasp of auto insurance can be of help when determining the right coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and nobody wants to actually read their policy. These are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
This will cover damage that occurs to other people or property that is your fault. It protects YOU against other people’s claims. Liability doesn’t cover damage sustained by your vehicle in an accident.
Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 100/300/100 that translate to a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a total limit of $100,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability coverage protects against things like pain and suffering, medical expenses and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as large an amount as possible.
Auto collision coverage
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision can pay for claims such as crashing into a building, scraping a guard rail, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from lower value vehicles. It’s also possible to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Since a lot of drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is very important.
Medical payments coverage and PIP
Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for short-term medical expenses such as chiropractic care, X-ray expenses, EMT expenses, dental work and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage that is not covered by collision coverage. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage and a broken windshield. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the market value of your vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
And the best car insurance company is…
While you’re price shopping online, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In many cases, consumers will sacrifice full coverage and discovered at claim time that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to shop for 2011 Nissan Sentra insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may be surprised to find that the lowest rates come from some of the smallest insurance companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like Progressive and GEICO.
More detailed auto insurance information can be read in these articles:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Determing Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
Rates by U.S. City
|New York City, NY||$1,773|
|Los Angeles, CA||$1,917|
Need a specific model?
Choose your model and trim below
Rates by Driver Age
Full coverage, $500 deductibles
Rates by Deductible
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates by Liability Limit
Full coverage, driver age 40
Rates for High Risk Drivers
Full coverage, $500 deductibles, two speeding tickets, and one at-fault accident
If a financial responsibility filing is required, the additional charge below may also apply.
Potential Rate Discounts
If you qualify for discounts, you may save the amounts shown below.
|5-yr Accident Free||$75|
|5-yr Claim Free||$72|
|Paid in Full/EFT||$45|
Discounts are estimated and may not be available from every company or in every state.