Cheapest 2011 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 4, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Shopping around to find the best 2011 Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates can be confusing if you don’t have a good frame of reference. That’s why you should know that the average VW car insurance quotes for 2011 Jetta models amount to $1,182 a year, or $99 every month for full coverage.
We have prepared this comprehensive guide to aid you in your search for insurance on a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta. In it, you will learn how things like crash test ratings, safety features, and driver age all play a part in determining rates for 2011 VW Jetta models.
If you want to skip ahead, take advantage of our free online quote tool to start comparing 2011 Volkswagen Jetta insurance prices right now.
Having to pay for overpriced Volkswagen Jetta insurance can drain your bank account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparison shopping is a smart way to tighten up your finances.
Because you have many insurance providers from which to choose, it’s nearly impossible to pick the best provider.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates occasionally since insurance rates trend upward over time. Even if you think you had the best deal on Jetta coverage six months ago you can probably find a better price now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about auto insurance because you’re about to learn one of the quickest ways to reduce your cost while improving coverage.
Compare the Market for Insurance
When shopping for insurance there are multiple ways to compare rate quotes and find the best price. The simplest method to find the lowest 2011 Volkswagen Jetta rates is to perform an online rate comparison. This can be accomplished in just a few minutes using one of these methods.
- The most efficient way to get quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This method saves time by eliminating separate forms for every insurance company. Filling out one form gets rate comparisons from all major companies.
- A harder way to compare prices requires a trip to each individual company website and fill out their own quote form. For instance, let’s say you want rates from Liberty Mutual, Esurance and Progressive.
- The least recommended way to get comparison rates is to waste gas driving to different agent offices. The internet eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless you require the professional advice of a licensed agent. Drivers can obtain prices from the web but still have the advice of a local agent and we’ll talk about that later.
Whichever way you use, double check that you are using identical coverages for every quote you compare. If your comparisons have different limits and deductibles on each one it’s not possible to determine the lowest rate for your Volkswagen Jetta. Having just a slight variation in coverages can result in a big premium difference. Just keep in mind that more quotes helps you find a lower rate.
How much can you save with these ten discounts?
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but there could be available discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but lesser-known reductions have to be manually applied before you will receive the discount.
- Payment Discounts – If paying your policy premium upfront instead of paying each month you could save up to 5%.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less since new cars are generally safer.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you may save at least 10% off all policies.
- Anti-theft System – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and will save you 10% or more.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course if it’s offered in school.
- Low Mileage – Low mileage vehicles can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Federal Employees – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Jetta coverage with select insurance companies.
- Air Bag Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags or automatic seat belts can receive discounts of more than 20%.
- Early Switch Discount – A few companies offer discounts for signing up prior to your current policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
It’s important to note that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, you’re out of luck. Any qualifying discounts will cut your premiums.
A partial list of companies that may offer these benefits are:
- American Family
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. All car insurance discounts might not apply in every state.
How much car insurance do I need?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage coverage, there really is not a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that could help you determine whether you might need professional guidance.
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Is my nanny covered when driving my vehicle?
- Is a fancy paint job covered?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed insurance agent.
Auto insurance specifics
Having a good grasp of a auto insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages for your vehicles. Auto insurance terms can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Listed below are typical coverage types found on most auto insurance policies.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage will pay to fix damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like fire damage, damage from a tornado or hurricane and theft. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
This coverage pays for damage to your Jetta caused by collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Most of the time your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Liability coverage will cover damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 100/300/100 which stand for a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Some companies may use one number which is a combined single limit that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like pain and suffering, funeral expenses and medical expenses. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but you should buy as large an amount as possible.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for expenses such as X-ray expenses, chiropractic care and nursing services. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance program or if you are not covered by health insurance. It covers you and your occupants in addition to any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
A penny earned…
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where someone dropped liability limits or collision coverage to discover at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your aim should be to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, not the least amount of coverage.
The cheapest 2011 Volkswagen Jetta insurance can be purchased online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both so you have a total pricing picture. Some insurance providers do not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these regional insurance providers sell through independent agents.
We just presented a lot of information how to lower your insurance rates. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the lowest premiums are with a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers may only write in your state and offer lower rates compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed car insurance information is located in the articles below:
- What is Gap Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Insitute)
As you can see from some of the information we’ve gone over to this point, there are several individual factors that influence 2011 Volkswagen Jetta insurance costs.
If you want to bypass the theoretical part of shopping for insurance, take advantage of our free quote tool below to start comparing quotes from multiple companies right now.
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates. Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
What are the safety ratings of the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?
It’s important to consider the safety ratings of the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta to get a full view of how well the car protects its occupants in the event of a collision.
One way to figure this out is by reviewing the crash test ratings of the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta with results administered by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).
- Small overlap front (driver-side): N/R
- Small overlap front (passenger-side): N/R
- Moderate overlap front: Good
- Side: Good
- Roof strength: Good
- Head restraints and seats: Good
As you can see, the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta achieved the highest rating possible in every area. Beyond that, the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta was awarded as a Top Safety Pick by the IIHS. This helps a lot with reducing overall insurance costs.
2011 Volkswagen Jetta Compared Against Other Vehicles in the Same Class
Classified as a midsize four-door car, the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta is bigger than a lot of other sedans. While heavier models typically translate to lower insurance rates, you’ll know if you are getting a good deal is by comparing the Jetta’s insurance rates against other similar models.
Take a look at the following midsize cars to see how their average insurance rates contrast to the 2011 Volkswagen Jetta.
To this point, we have gone into excessive detail about 2011 Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates. Do you feel that there are any details we might have missed? If not, use our free online tool to start comparing Jetta insurance quotes from top companies right now!
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I find the cheapest insurance for my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?
To find the cheapest insurance for your 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, consider the following steps:
- Shop around: Obtain quotes from multiple insurance providers to compare rates and coverage options.
- Opt for higher deductibles: Choosing a higher deductible can lower your insurance premium, but make sure you can afford to pay the deductible if you need to make a claim.
- Maintain a clean driving record: Having a history of safe driving can help you secure lower insurance rates.
- Explore available discounts: Inquire about any discounts you may be eligible for, such as multi-policy, multi-vehicle, or good student discounts.
- Consider usage-based insurance: Some insurance companies offer programs where your rates are based on your driving habits, potentially resulting in lower premiums if you have good driving behavior.
What factors influence the cost of insurance for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?
Several factors can affect the cost of insurance for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, including:
- Age and driving experience: Younger and inexperienced drivers typically pay higher insurance premiums.
- Location: Insurance rates can vary based on your location due to factors like crime rates and accident frequency in the area.
- Vehicle usage: The intended use of your car, such as personal or business, can impact insurance rates.
- Coverage and deductible: The type and level of coverage you choose, as well as your deductible amount, can affect your insurance premium.
- Driving record: A history of accidents or traffic violations can result in higher insurance rates.
- Credit history: Some insurance providers consider credit history when determining premiums.
- Safety features: The presence of safety features in your 2011 Volkswagen Jetta, such as anti-lock brakes or airbags, can potentially lower your insurance costs.
Are there any specific insurance providers known for offering affordable rates for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?
While specific insurance rates can vary based on individual circumstances, it’s generally a good idea to consider obtaining quotes from various insurance providers. Some well-known insurance companies often offer competitive rates for auto insurance, including:
- State Farm
- USAA (for military personnel and their families)
Are there any insurance discounts available specifically for a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?
Insurance discounts can vary depending on the insurance provider, but some common discounts that may apply to a 2011 Volkswagen Jetta include:
- Multi-policy discount: If you insure your Volkswagen Jetta and other policies, such as home or renters insurance, with the same provider, you may qualify for a discount.
- Multi-vehicle discount: If you insure multiple vehicles on the same policy, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good driver discount: Maintaining a clean driving record with no accidents or traffic violations can often lead to discounted rates.
- Safety features discount: If your 2011 Volkswagen Jetta is equipped with safety features like anti-lock brakes, airbags, or an anti-theft system, you may qualify for a discount.
- Low mileage discount: If you don’t drive your Volkswagen Jetta extensively, you may be eligible for a discount.
- Good student discount: If you’re a student with good grades, you may qualify for discounted rates.
- Pay-in-full discount: Some insurers offer discounts if you pay your
Are there any additional tips to lower the cost of insurance for my 2011 Volkswagen Jetta?
Here are some additional tips to potentially reduce the cost of insurance for your 2011 Volkswagen Jetta:
- Take a defensive driving course: Successfully completing a defensive driving course can sometimes qualify you for discounted rates.
- Maintain a good credit score: Some insurance companies consider credit history when determining premiums, so maintaining a good credit score may help lower your rates.
- Remove unnecessary coverage: Review your insurance policy to ensure you’re not paying for coverage you don’t need, but be cautious to maintain adequate protection.
- Avoid filing small claims: Consider handling minor damages out of pocket instead of filing a claim, as multiple claims can lead to higher premiums.
- Regularly review your policy: As your circumstances change, such as moving or adding safety features, update your insurance provider to see if it affects your rates.
- Bundle insurance policies: If you have multiple insurance needs, bundling them with one provider may result in discounted rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Toyota Sienna Insurance
- Jeep Wrangler Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area