Cheapest 2012 Chevrolet Cruze Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 16, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Searching for better car insurance rates for your Chevrolet Cruze? Locating better insurance prices for your Chevy Cruze can be a painful process, but you can learn a few tricks to save time. There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance so you’re going to learn the best way to get price quotes for a new or used Chevy and find the cheapest rates either online or from local insurance agents.
You need to shop coverage around on a regular basis because insurance rates change frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Cruze coverage last year you can probably find a lower rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about car insurance because I’m going to teach you the quickest way to reduce your cost while increasing coverage.
Finding affordable coverage is not rocket science. If you are insured now or are just looking to switch companies, you can follow these tips to cut your premiums while maintaining coverages. Drivers only need to know the tricks to compare rates over the internet.
Don’t Overlook These Eight Discounts
Companies do not list all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we researched both the well known and the harder-to-find car insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Anti-theft Discount – Anti-theft and alarm systems can help prevent theft and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Life Insurance – Some companies give a discount if you purchase a life insurance policy as well.
- College Student – Any of your kids who are attending college without a vehicle on campus may qualify for this discount.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you have multiple policies with one company you could get a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% on Cruze coverage with certain companies.
- Memberships – Belonging to a qualifying organization may earn a discount when shopping for car insurance on Cruze coverage.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Chevy can earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
It’s important to understand that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
To see a list of companies offering car insurance discounts, follow this link.
Consumers can’t get away from ads that promise big savings from companies such as Progressive, GEICO, Allstate and State Farm. They all say the same thing that you’ll save big if you change your policy.
How can each company make the same claim?
Different companies have a certain “appetite” for the driver that makes them money. An example of a profitable customer could possibly be between 25 and 40, has no tickets, and has a short commute. Any driver that hits that “sweet spot” will get very good rates and is almost guaranteed to save when switching.
Drivers who don’t measure up to the requirements will have to pay higher prices which usually ends up with business going elsewhere. The ads state “customers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that much. That’s the way insurance companies can advertise the savings. Because of the profiling, it’s extremely important to get a wide range of price quotes. It’s impossible to know which insurance companies will have the lowest Chevy Cruze insurance rates.
Is My Situation Unique?
When it comes to choosing coverage, there is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is unique.
Just as you’ll often spend time keeping track of how much a 2012 Chevy Cruze is worth, in case you decide to resell it. You’ll also want to keep track of rates for insuring your vehicle. These questions may help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
- Are my friends covered when driving my 2012 Chevy Cruze?
- Should I buy only the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is there coverage for injuries to my pets?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is borrowed equipment or tools covered if stolen or damaged?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- Am I covered when driving a rental car?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, complete this form. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
Parts of Your Car Insurance Policy
Having a good grasp of your policy can be of help when determining the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be difficult to understand and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP) – Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses like hospital visits, ambulance fees, nursing services, surgery and doctor visits. They are often used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover you and your occupants and also covers getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP coverage is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and damage from getting keyed. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with a stationary object or other vehicle. A deductible applies and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision coverage pays for things such as backing into a parked car, colliding with a tree, hitting a parking meter, driving through your garage door and scraping a guard rail. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Liability auto insurance – Liability insurance can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 which means a limit of $100,000 per injured person, a per accident bodily injury limit of $300,000, and property damage coverage for $100,000.
Liability coverage pays for claims like court costs, emergency aid, attorney fees and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a personal decision, but consider buying as large an amount as possible.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM) – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Chevy Cruze.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important.
Be a Smart Shopper
We’ve covered a lot of techniques to save on 2012 Chevy Cruze insurance. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Cheap insurance is attainable on the web and with local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not offer online quoting and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Consumers who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including poor customer service, high rates after DUI convictions, delays in paying claims and not issuing a premium refund. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be pretty painless.
Much more information about car insurance can be found at the links below
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- Find Cheaper Named Operator Policy Car Insurance Rates in 2023
- Will Geico Insure a Car Not in My Name? 2023
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do Trucks Cost More to Insure? 2023
- How Long Does a Dui Stay on Your Record? 2023
- Does the Porsche Club of America Offer Car Insurance? 2023
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Volkswagen Jetta Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area