Cheapest 2012 Chevrolet Equinox Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Dec 7, 2021
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Looking for better insurance rates for your Chevrolet Equinox? Overpriced Chevrolet Equinox insurance can overdraw your checking account and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Shopping your coverage around is free and is an excellent way to cut your insurance bill.
Numerous insurers battle for your hard-earned dollar, and it can be difficult to compare rates and uncover the absolute lowest rate
It’s important to compare prices periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change regularly. If you had the best price on Equinox insurance two years ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to the best way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Compare Car Insurance Today
There are several ways to compare quotes from car insurance companies in your area. The simplest method to find the cheapest 2012 Chevy Equinox insurance rates is simply to get online rate quotes. This is very easy and can be done in several different ways.
- The recommended way consumers can make multiple comparisons is to use a rate comparison form (click to open form in new window). This form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for every car insurance company. One form submission compares rates from multiple companies.
- A slightly less efficient method to find lower rates is to manually visit the website for every company you want to comare and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll pretend you want to compare rates from GEICO, 21st Century and Progressive. To get rate quotes you would need to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
It doesn’t matter which method you choose, just make darn sure you compare apples-to-apples coverages and limits on every quote. If you use mixed coverages it will be impossible to find the best deal for your Chevy Equinox. Having just a slight variation in coverage limits can make a big difference in price. It’s important to know that getting more free quotes will enable you to find the best rates.
Discounts can save BIG
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. Most are applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Use Seat Belts – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies reward drivers for buying a policy before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% less on Equinox insurance than their less cautious counterparts.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies give back up to $50 simply for signing online.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like collision or personal injury protection. Even though it may seem like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- 21st Century
Check with each insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in your state.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there is no cookie cutter policy. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that. Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your situation could use an agent’s help.
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2012 Chevy Equinox?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- How can I get high-risk coverage after a DUI?
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Should I file a claim if it’s only slightly more than my deductible?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you then you might want to talk to an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance policy specifics
Understanding the coverages of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. Below you’ll find the normal coverages found on the average car insurance policy.
Medical payments and PIP coverage – Med pay and PIP coverage provide coverage for immediate expenses like hospital visits, pain medications, X-ray expenses, doctor visits and rehabilitation expenses. They are utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Auto liability insurance – This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to people or other property in an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others, and doesn’t cover your own vehicle damage or injuries.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You might see values of 100/300/100 which stand for $100,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and $100,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for claims like court costs, attorney fees, funeral expenses, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but buy as high a limit as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage – This provides protection from other motorists when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many drivers carry very low liability coverage limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive auto coverage – This covers damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as rock chips in glass, a broken windshield and hail damage. The highest amount your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Collision – This coverage will pay to fix damage to your Equinox resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You have to pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as driving through your garage door, crashing into a building and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so consider removing coverage from lower value vehicles. Drivers also have the option to raise the deductible to save money on collision insurance.
Knowledge is power
The cheapest 2012 Chevy Equinox insurance is possible on the web as well as from independent agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who don’t offer online quoting and these smaller companies work with independent agents.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. In many cases, drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits only to find out they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while not skimping on critical coverages.
More detailed insurance coverage information is available in these articles:
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Teen Driver Licensing Information (iihs.org)
- Child Safety Seats (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Kia Forte Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area