2012 Honda Crosstour Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Sep 2, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Drivers have a choice when trying to find the lowest priced Honda Crosstour insurance. You can either spend your time contacting agents to get rate comparisons or use the internet to get rate quotes. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and you need to know the quickest way to compare rates for a Honda and find the lowest possible price from both online companies and local agents.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or need new coverage, you can follow these tips to reduce the price you pay and possibly find even better coverage. This article will familiarize you with how to get online quotes and some tricks to saving. Drivers just need to learn the best way to get comparison rates online.
Pay less for 2012 Honda Crosstour insurance
Companies offering auto insurance don’t always advertise all their discounts very well, so here is a list some of the more common and the harder-to-find ways to save on insurance coverage. If you don’t get every credit possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Multiple Policy Discount – When you combine your home and auto insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of up to 20% off your total premium.
- Save over 55 – Older drivers may qualify for better insurance coverage rates for Crosstour insurance.
- Claim Free – Claim-free drivers can save substantially as compared to drivers who are more careless.
- E-sign – Some insurance companies will give a small break simply for signing online.
- Early Signing – Select companies give a discount for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
A little note about advertised discounts, many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So when it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance coverage companies aren’t that generous.
Car insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts include:
Check with each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be offered everywhere.
Finding Car Insurance
Cutting your car insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is invest a few minutes comparing price quotes online from several insurance companies. This can be done in several different ways.
- The best way to get the best comparison quotes is a comparison rater form click here to open form in new window. This type of form prevents you from having to do boring form submissions for each company you want a rate for. Completing one form gets you price quotes from several companies. It’s definitely the quickest method.
- A different way to shop for car insurance online requires you to visit the website of each company and request a quote. For instance, let’s say you want to compare rates from Auto-Owners, State Farm and American Family. To get rate quotes you would need to spend time on each company’s site and enter your information, which is why the first method is more popular.
For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
It’s up to you which method you use, but make absolute certain that you use identical coverage limits for each price quote. If you enter different limits and deductibles on each one it will be very difficult to determine the lowest rate for your Honda Crosstour.
Tailor your coverage to you
When it comes to buying coverage for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
These are some specific questions might point out whether or not you might need an agent’s assistance.
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- Do I need special endorsements for business use of my vehicle?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does coverage extend to a rental car in a foreign country?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
If you can’t answer these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can help protect your family.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Coverages available on your policy
Learning about specific coverages of your insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for hospital bills for your injuries as well as damage to your Honda Crosstour.
Due to the fact that many drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Liability auto insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from legal claims by others. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 50/100/50 which stand for $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property.
Liability can pay for things such as repair costs for stationary objects, pain and suffering and attorney fees. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as much as you can afford.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like theft, rock chips in glass, damage from a tornado or hurricane and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The maximum amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance pay for bills for things like rehabilitation expenses, dental work, surgery and prosthetic devices. They are used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. Personal Injury Protection is only offered in select states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
This coverage pays for damage to your Crosstour caused by collision with another car or object. You have to pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers claims like rolling your car, scraping a guard rail and colliding with another moving vehicle. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. You can also raise the deductible to bring the cost down.
Make a quick buck
In this article, we covered many tips how you can save on 2012 Honda Crosstour insurance. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the higher your chance of finding lower rates. Drivers may discover the lowest rates come from an unexpected company.
Cheaper insurance is attainable on the web as well as from independent agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agents.
People leave their current company for a number of reasons such as delays in responding to claim requests, policy non-renewal, denial of a claim or not issuing a premium refund. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is not as hard as you think.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Insurance Losses by Make and Model (iihs.org)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- State Laws for Cellphones and Texting (iihs.org)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Focus Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Hyundai Elantra Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area