2012 Nissan Sentra Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 30, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find better insurance coverage rates? Buyers have lots of choices when searching for affordable Nissan Sentra insurance. They can either waste time struggling with agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to get rate quotes.
There is a better way to buy insurance coverage so we’re going to tell you the best way to get price quotes for a Nissan and locate the best price possible from local insurance agents and online providers.
This information will teach you the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will be able to save some money using this strategy. Drivers only need an understanding of the proper way to get comparison quotes over the internet.
Vehicle Insurance Comparison
Finding cheaper 2012 Nissan Sentra insurance prices isn’t really that difficult. All that’s required is to spend a few minutes on the computer to compare quotes online with multiple companies. This can be accomplished using a couple different methods.
- The first (and easiest) way consumers can analyze rates is a comparison rater form (click to open form in new window). This easy form keeps you from doing separate quote forms for every insurance company. Completing one form will get you price quotes instantly. This is perfect if you don’t have a lot of time.
- Another way to analyze rates requires visiting each individual company website and complete a new quote form. For examples sake, we’ll assume you want to compare rates from USAA, 21st Century and Farmers. To get each rate you have to visit each site to enter your coverage information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a list of links to insurance companies in your area, click here.
- The most time-consuming way of getting rate comparisons is to drive around to local insurance agencies. The internet has reduced the need for local agents unless you prefer the trained guidance of a licensed agent. However, consumers can compare the best prices online and still use a local agent and you’ll learn how to do that later.
Whichever method you choose, double check that you are using apples-to-apples coverages for each comparison quote. If you have mixed coverages it will be very difficult to truly determine the lowest rate.
Tailor your coverage to you
When choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no cookie cutter policy. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions can help discover whether your personal situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Can my teen driver be rated on a liability-only vehicle?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totalled car?
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Will my insurance pay for OEM parts?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
If you’re not sure about those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Car insurance coverages for a Nissan Sentra
Knowing the specifics of your policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Medical expense insurance
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance kick in for bills for things like chiropractic care, nursing services and hospital visits. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants and also covers any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP coverage is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Coverage for liability
This coverage can cover damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people that is your fault. It protects you against claims from other people, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Coverage consists of three different limits, bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show values of 25/50/25 that means you have a $25,000 limit per person for injuries, a per accident bodily injury limit of $50,000, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit that pays claims from the same limit with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability coverage pays for claims like medical expenses, pain and suffering and repair bills for other people’s vehicles. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but you should buy higher limits if possible.
This covers damage to your Sentra resulting from a collision with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision insurance covers things like sideswiping another vehicle, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. You can also choose a higher deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive (Other than Collision)
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage OTHER than collision with another vehicle or object. A deductible will apply and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like hail damage, a broken windshield, hitting a bird and rock chips in glass. The maximum payout you’ll receive from a claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
Protection from uninsured/underinsured drivers
This coverage gives you protection when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your Nissan Sentra.
Since a lot of drivers only purchase the least amount of liability that is required, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is very important. Normally these coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Chevrolet Cruze Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area