Cheapest 2012 Toyota Sequoia Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Have you fallen victim to an overpriced insurance coverage policy? Believe me when I say many consumers are feeling buyer’s remorse and feel like there’s no way out. Many insurance companies vie for your hard-earned dollar, so it’s not easy to compare every insurance company to find the absolute lowest rate possible.
You need to get comparison quotes once or twice a year since insurance rates are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Just because you found the best deal for Sequoia insurance last year you will most likely find a better rate today. So just ignore everything you know about insurance coverage because it’s time to teach you one of the best ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Discounts can save BIG
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there could be available discounts to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts apply automatically at the time you complete a quote, but some must be inquired about before you will receive the discount. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Bundle and Save – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same company you will save at least 10% off all policies.
- College Student – Youth drivers who attend school more than 100 miles from home and don’t have a car can receive lower rates.
- Organization Discounts – Affiliation with certain professional organizations could qualify you for a break on insurance coverage for Sequoia insurance.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Toyota can earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars that have factory anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Vehicles with anti-lock braking systems prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more.
As a disclaimer on discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts will bring down the amount you have to pay.
To see a list of insurance companies offering insurance coverage discounts, click here to view.
How to Compare Insurance Coverage Rates
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance coverage prices but some are less time-consuming than others. You can waste a lot of time talking about coverages with local insurance agents in your area, or you could save time and use the internet to achieve your goal.
Most major companies belong to a marketplace that enables customers to enter their policy data once, and each company returns a competitive quote. This saves time by eliminating quotation requests for each company you want a rate for.
To use this form to compare 2012 Toyota Sequoia insurance rates click here to open in new window.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is you cannot specify the companies to receive prices from. So if you want to choose individual companies to request quotes from, we have assembled a list of low cost insurance coverage companies in your area. Click to view list.
However you get your quotes, be sure to compare apples-to-apples information for each price quote. If you enter unequal deductibles or liability limits you can’t possibly determine the lowest rate for your Toyota Sequoia.
What determines your Toyota Sequoia insurance premium
Consumers need to have an understanding of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower auto insurance prices.
The list below includes some of the items that factor into premiums.
- What are your deductibles? – Your deductibles represent how much money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, is used to repair damage to your car. Some examples of claims that would be covered are colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and windstorm damage. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the less your company will charge you for insurance for Sequoia insurance.
- Men fork out a little more – Statistics have proven that women are safer drivers than men. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men cause accidents at about the same rate, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets such as DWI and reckless driving.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Having a bad credit history is a large factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. If your credit is not that good, you could save money insuring your 2012 Toyota Sequoia by repairing your credit. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than those with lower credit scores.
- Your occupation can affect rates – Occupations like real estate brokers, business owners and financial analysts tend to have higher average rates attributed to high stress and lots of time spent at work. Conversely, professions such as actors, engineers and retirees receive lower rates for Sequoia insurance.
- Never allow your policy to lapse – Driving with no insurance is illegal and auto insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Lower rates with optional equipment – Owning a car with an alarm system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can help prevent auto theft.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some insurance companies give discounts to policyholders who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Discounts can amount to 10 percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying adequate coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs so your insurance needs to address that. For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Do drivers who switch really save $412 a year?
Drivers get pounded daily by advertisements that promise big savings from companies such as Progressive, Allstate and GEICO. All the companies make an identical promise about savings if you switch your policy.
How does each company say the same thing?
Insurance companies have a preferred profile for the type of driver that makes them money. An example of a desirable insured could be between 30 and 50, has no driving citations, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A driver who meets those qualifications is entitled to the best price and most likely will cut their rates substantially.
Consumers who don’t qualify for this ideal profile must pay a higher premium and this can result in the driver buying from a lower-cost company. The ad wording is “drivers who switch” not “everybody who quotes” save that kind of money. That is how insurance companies can make those claims.
This illustrates why drivers must compare many company’s rates. It’s not possible to predict the company that will provide you with the cheapest Toyota Sequoia insurance rates.
Learn about car insurance coverages for a 2012 Toyota Sequoia
Having a good grasp of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and the correct deductibles and limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. These are typical coverage types found on most car insurance policies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers
This protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other motorists when they do not carry enough liability coverage. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Toyota Sequoia.
Since many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liablity limits.
Collision insurance will pay to fix damage to your Sequoia resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. A deductible applies and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims like colliding with another moving vehicle, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and colliding with a tree. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from lower value vehicles. You can also increase the deductible to get cheaper collision coverage.
Auto liability insurance
Liability insurance provides protection from damage that occurs to a person or their property by causing an accident. It protects YOU from claims by other people, and does not provide coverage for your own vehicle damage or injuries.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. You commonly see limits of 100/300/100 that means you have a $100,000 limit per person for injuries, a limit of $300,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $100,000. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which provides one coverage limit rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage protects against things like structural damage, funeral expenses, loss of income, court costs and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a personal decision, but consider buying higher limits if possible.
Comprehensive car insurance
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first have to pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be covered by your comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for things like damage from flooding, damage from a tornado or hurricane, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The highest amount you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Coverage for medical expenses
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP reimburse you for short-term medical expenses for things like surgery, hospital visits, EMT expenses, pain medications and funeral costs. They are used in conjunction with a health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
More quotes mean more savings
We covered some good ideas how you can reduce 2012 Toyota Sequoia insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the most savings is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers often have lower prices on specific markets as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you shop your coverage around, it’s not a good idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your strategy should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
More detailed insurance information can be read by following these links:
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- What is Covered by GAP Insurance? (Allstate)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
How can discounts save me money on auto insurance?
Some discounts can significantly reduce the cost of insuring your vehicle. While not all discounts apply to the entire cost, they can bring down the amount you have to pay. It’s important to inquire about available discounts and ensure you are receiving every discount you deserve.
What are the ways to compare insurance coverage rates?
There are several methods to compare insurance coverage prices, but using the internet is often the most convenient and time-saving option. Many major companies belong to online marketplaces where you can enter your policy data once and receive competitive quotes from multiple companies. However, if you prefer to choose individual companies to request quotes from, you can find a list of low-cost insurance coverage companies in your area.
What factors determine the premium for Toyota Sequoia insurance?
Several factors influence the price you pay for auto insurance, including:
- Your driving record
- Your age and gender
- Your location
- The make and model of your vehicle (in this case, a 2012 Toyota Sequoia)
- Your credit history
- The coverage options you choose
Do I need a specific type of policy for my Toyota Sequoia?
There is no one-size-fits-all policy for insuring personal vehicles. Your insurance coverage needs to be tailored to your specific requirements. To determine the right coverage for your Toyota Sequoia, consider factors such as your budget, the value of your vehicle, and your risk tolerance. Consulting with an insurance agent can provide valuable guidance in choosing the appropriate coverage.
Can switching insurance companies really save me money?
While advertisements claim big savings when switching insurance companies, it’s important to understand that each company has a preferred profile for the type of driver that is most profitable for them. Drivers who meet these qualifications, such as having a clean driving record and low annual mileage, may indeed find substantial savings by switching to a lower-cost company. However, it’s crucial to compare rates from multiple companies to find the one that offers the best rates for your specific circumstances.
What are the typical car insurance coverages for a 2012 Toyota Sequoia?
A car insurance policy for a 2012 Toyota Sequoia usually includes the following coverage types:
- Liability insurance: Provides protection from damage caused to others in an accident.
- Collision insurance: Pays for repairs to your Sequoia if it is damaged in a collision.
- Comprehensive insurance: Covers damage to your vehicle from events such as theft, vandalism, or natural disasters.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorist coverage: Protects you and your vehicle’s occupants if the other driver has insufficient insurance coverage.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for short-term medical expenses resulting from an accident, regardless of fault.
How can I find companies with the cheapest auto insurance rates in my area?
To find companies offering cheap auto insurance rates in your area, you can enter your ZIP code into a free quote tool. This tool will provide you with quotes from multiple companies for comparison. The more quotes you compare, the higher your chances of finding the most affordable rates.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Highlander Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Dodge Ram Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area