Cheapest 2012 Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rates in 2023
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Jun 5, 2023
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Buyers have lots of choices when searching for low-cost Volkswagen Jetta insurance. They can either spend hours contacting agents getting price quotes or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There is a better way to buy car insurance so we’re going to tell you the quickest way to quote coverages for your Volkswagen and locate the lowest price from local insurance agents and online providers. Find out how much a 2012 Jetta costs to insure.
You need to price shop coverage yearly since rates trend upward over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Jetta coverage last year there is a good chance you can find better rates now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because you’re about to learn the proper way to find the best coverage while lowering your premiums.
Choosing the best insurance company for you is quite easy. If you have car insurance now, you will be able to lower your premiums substantially using these tips. Drivers just need to know the most efficient way to compare price quotes online.
Insurance Prices Online
There are a lot of ways to compare insurance quotes, but there is one way that is easier and takes less work. You could waste time talking about coverages with insurance companies in your area, or you could save time and use online quotes to quickly compare rates.
Most of the best insurance companies belong to an insurance system that allows shoppers to complete one form, and every company can give them a price. This eliminates the need for repetitive form submissions for every insurance company.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now click to open in new window.
The one downside to comparing rates this way is that consumers can’t choose which insurance companies you will receive quotes from. If you wish to select specific insurance companies for rate comparison, we have assembled a list of companies who write insurance in your area. Click here for list of insurance companies.
It’s up to you which method you use, but ensure you’re using apples-to-apples quote information for each comparison quote. If you have different limits and deductibles on each one then you won’t be able to decipher which rate is best.
Verify You’re Getting all Your Discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the best known and the harder-to-find auto insurance savings. If they aren’t giving you every credit possible, you are throwing money away.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts can save 10% or more off your PIP or medical payments premium.
- Discount for Good Grades – A discount for being a good student can get you a discount of up to 25%. The discount lasts up to age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying coverage for more than one vehicle on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Life Insurance Discount – Companies who offer life insurance give lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Signing – Some insurance companies reward drivers for signing up prior to your current policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Senior Citizens – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10% on Jetta coverage.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles with the same insurance company you may save up to 20% off your total premium.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a defensive driving course could cut 5% off your bill if you qualify.
It’s important to understand that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
Car insurance companies that may offer these discounts may include but are not limited to:
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- The Hartford
It’s a good idea to ask every prospective company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not apply in every state.
Pieces of the Volkswagen Jetta Insurance Rate Puzzle
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the factors that go into determining insurance coverage rates. Knowing what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Listed below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine prices.
- Small claims can cost you – Car insurance companies provide better rates to insureds who are claim-free. If you file claims often, you can expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Your insurance policy is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
- Don’t let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance can get your license suspended and your next policy will cost more because you let your insurance expire. Not only will you pay more, failure to provide proof of insurance might get you a steep fine or even jail time.
- Higher safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Vehicles with high crash test scores tend to have better insurance rates. These vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries translates into savings for insurance companies and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Volkswagen has ratings of a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your Volkswagen in a year the more you will pay for insurance coverage. Most insurance companies charge to insure your cars based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Improper usage on your Jetta can result in significantly higher rates. Ask your agent if your insurance coverage policy properly reflects how each vehicle is driven.
When Should I Talk to an Agent?
When choosing coverage for your vehicles, there really is no perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
These are some specific questions could help you determine if your situation may require specific advice.
- Should I buy more coverage than the required minimum liability coverage?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- When should I drop full coverage on my 2012 Volkswagen Jetta?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Does my 2012 Volkswagen Jetta need full coverage?
- How can I force my company to pay a claim?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
Don’t Listen to Company Ads
Consumers get pounded daily by advertisements for cheaper car insurance from companies such as State Farm and Allstate. They all have a common claim about savings if you change your policy.
How do they all claim to save you money? This is how they do it.
All companies can use profiling for the right customer that earns them a profit. For example, a preferred risk could possibly be between the ages of 30 and 50, insures multiple vehicles, and drives less than 10,000 miles a year. A customer getting a price quote that hits that “sweet spot” will qualify for the lowest rates and as a result will probably save when switching.
Potential insureds who are not a match for these standards will be quoted more money and this can result in business not being written. The ads say “drivers who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently advertise the savings. This emphasizes why drivers should get a wide range of price quotes. It is impossible to predict which company will provide you with the cheapest Volkswagen Jetta insurance rates.
Information About Specific Coverages
Learning about specific coverages of your auto insurance policy can help you determine the best coverages for your vehicles. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and coverage can change by endorsement.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when other motorists do not carry enough liability coverage. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as damage to your Volkswagen Jetta.
Because many people only carry the minimum required liability limits, it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. So UM/UIM coverage should not be overlooked.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance provide coverage for short-term medical expenses for funeral costs, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants and will also cover any family member struck as a pedestrian. PIP is not available in all states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays for damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage pays for things like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from flooding and damage from getting keyed. The highest amount your auto insurance company will pay is the market value of your vehicle, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Coverage for collisions
This coverage pays for damage to your Jetta resulting from colliding with another car or object. You will need to pay your deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for things such as damaging your car on a curb, colliding with another moving vehicle and sideswiping another vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from older vehicles. Another option is to bump up the deductible to bring the cost down.
This provides protection from damage that occurs to other people or property. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. Liability doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 50/100/50 which stand for a limit of $50,000 per injured person, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $50,000 for damage to vehicles and property.
Liability insurance covers things like bail bonds, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, pain and suffering and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as large an amount as possible.
Saving Money Is Sweet as Honey
Consumers who switch companies do it for a number of reasons such as denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests, an unsatisfactory settlement offer and even questionable increases in premium. Whatever your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
As you restructure your insurance plan, it’s not a good idea to sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where an insured dropped full coverage only to regret at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Cheap 2012 Volkswagen Jetta insurance is available on the web and with local insurance agents, so compare prices from both so you have a total pricing picture. Do this to find out how much a 2012 Jetta costs to insure. Some insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Additional information can be found on the following sites:
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Insitute)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Insitute)
Frequently Asked Questions
What factors can affect the insurance rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta?
Several factors can impact the insurance rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta. These factors include the driver’s age, driving record, location, annual mileage, coverage options selected, and the insurance company’s individual pricing policies. Additionally, the Jetta’s model, trim level, engine size, and value can also influence insurance rates.
Is the 2012 Volkswagen Jetta considered an expensive car to insure?
The 2012 Volkswagen Jetta is generally not considered an expensive car to insure. It is a compact sedan with a focus on safety and fuel efficiency, which can contribute to lower insurance costs. However, insurance rates can still vary depending on other factors such as the driver’s profile and the insurance company’s pricing policies.
Are there any specific discounts available to help reduce the insurance rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta?
Insurance companies often offer various discounts that can help lower insurance rates. Some common discounts that may apply to a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta include safe driver discounts, multi-policy discounts (insuring multiple vehicles or having other policies with the same company), and discounts for safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, and anti-theft devices. It’s advisable to inquire with your insurance provider about the available discounts.
How can I find the cheapest insurance rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta?
To find the most affordable insurance rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta, it is recommended to obtain quotes from multiple insurance companies. Contact insurers directly or use online comparison tools to gather quotes and compare coverage options. Providing accurate information when requesting quotes is important to ensure the rates are as precise as possible.
Are there any specific insurance companies known for offering competitive rates on 2012 Volkswagen Jetta insurance?
Insurance rates can vary significantly between companies, so it is advisable to obtain quotes from multiple insurers to find the best rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta. Some insurers that are often recognized for offering competitive rates on compact car insurance include Geico, Progressive, State Farm, and Allstate. However, it’s important to compare quotes from different insurers to find the best deal for your specific circumstances.
Can I adjust my coverage options to lower the insurance rates for my 2012 Volkswagen Jetta?
Adjusting your coverage options can potentially help lower insurance rates. However, it is important to carefully consider the impact on your financial protection. Lowering coverage limits or removing optional coverages may result in less protection in the event of an accident or other covered incidents. It is advisable to evaluate your coverage needs and consult with your insurance provider to find the right balance between cost and coverage.
Are there any aftermarket modifications that can help reduce insurance rates for a 2012 Volkswagen Jetta?
While some modifications, such as installing safety features or anti-theft devices, may reduce the risk of theft or accidents and potentially lead to lower insurance premiums, it is advisable to consult with your insurance provider. Some modifications may not directly affect insurance rates, and others may even increase rates if they alter the performance or value of the vehicle. It’s crucial to discuss any modifications with your insurer to understand their impact on your insurance premiums.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will Geico insure a car not in my name?
- What Is Covered in a Jeep Powertrain Warranty? 2023
- Cheapest Jeep Insurance Rates in 2023
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- GMC Sierra Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Honda Civic Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
- Toyota Tacoma Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area