Compare 2013 Dodge Charger Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 12, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Having to pay for overpriced car insurance can overdraw your personal savings, especially in this economy. Comparison shopping is a smart way to cut your insurance bill.
Companies like GEICO, Farmers Insurance and State Farm promote their brand names with TV and radio ads and it can be hard to see through the deception and take the time to shop coverage around.
It’s a great practice to do rate comparisons before your policy renews due to the fact that insurance rates fluctuate regularly. If you had the lowest rates for Charger insurance a year ago the chances are good that you can find a lower rate today. There is a lot of bad advice regarding car insurance on the internet, so with this article, you’re going to get some guaranteed methods to find cheap car insurance.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save some money using this strategy. Finding the best rates is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although vehicle owners do need to know how the larger insurance companies determine prices because it can help you find the best coverage.
Discounts can save BIG
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there could be available discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but a few need to be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Fewer annual miles on your Dodge could be rewarded with a substantially lower rate.
- Life Insurance – Larger companies have a discount if you purchase auto and life insurance together.
- Resident Student – Any of your kids who are attending college and do not have a car can receive lower rates.
- No Charge for an Accident – Some insurance companies allow you one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a set time period.
- Multiple Vehicles – Insuring multiple vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Club Memberships – Being a member of certain professional organizations could trigger savings when shopping for insurance for Charger insurance.
- Senior Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you may qualify for better insurance rates for Charger insurance.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, insurance companies aren’t that generous. But any discount will reduce the cost of coverage.
For a list of insurers with discount insurance rates, click here to view.
Why you might be paying too much to insure your Dodge Charger
It’s important that you understand the factors that help determine your insurance rates. When you know what positively or negatively determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that will entitle you to much lower annual insurance costs.
- Men pay higher rates – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Both sexes tend to get into accidents in similar numbers, but the men cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get cited for more serious violations like reckless driving and DUI.
- Safer cars cost less to insure – Vehicles with high crash test scores can get you lower premiums. The safest vehicles protect occupants better and better occupant protection means less money paid by your insurance company and lower rates for you. If your Dodge is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit rating is a important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers with excellent credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers who have lower credit scores. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could save money insuring your 2013 Dodge Charger by repairing your credit.
- Optional equipment can affect rates – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Theft prevention devices such as GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers can thwart your car from being stolen.
Will just any policy work for me?
When buying proper insurance coverage, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply. Here are some questions about coverages that might point out if your situation would benefit from professional advice.
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my 2013 Dodge Charger?
- Am I covered when renting a car or should I buy coverage from the car rental agency?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my 2013 Dodge Charger covered for flood damage?
- What is PIP insurance?
- Why am I required to buy high-risk coverage?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
The fine print in insurance coverage ads
Insurance coverage companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive regularly use ads on TV and radio. They all seem to make an identical promise of big savings if you move your policy. But how can every company make almost identical claims?
Insurance companies can use profiling for the driver that is profitable for them. For example, a preferred risk could be between 25 and 40, is a homeowner, and chooses high deductibles. Any new insured who fits that profile is entitled to the best price and as a result will probably save when they switch companies.
Potential insureds who fall outside this ideal profile will be quoted higher prices and this can result in business going elsewhere. Company advertisements say “people who switch” but not “drivers who get quotes” save money. That’s why insurance companies can confidently make the claims of big savings.
This emphasizes why you absolutely need to compare many company’s rates. It is impossible to predict which company will fit your personal profile best.
Insurance policy coverages for a 2013 Dodge Charger
Understanding the coverages of a insurance policy can be of help when determining the right coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be ambiguous and reading a policy is terribly boring. These are the normal coverages found on most insurance policies.
Coverage for collisions
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage pays for claims such as colliding with another moving vehicle, colliding with a tree and crashing into a ditch. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Another option is to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Insurance for medical payments
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like funeral costs, EMT expenses, nursing services and prosthetic devices. They can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance plan or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover all vehicle occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and may carry a deductible
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This protects you and your vehicle from other drivers when they do not carry enough liability coverage. Covered claims include injuries to you and your family as well as damage to your Dodge Charger.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law, their limits can quickly be used up. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are set the same as your liablity limits.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like hail damage, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the ACV or actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible consider dropping full coverage.
This coverage provides protection from damage or injury you incur to other’s property or people in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against other people’s claims, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You commonly see values of 25/50/25 which means $25,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $50,000 in injury protection per accident, and $25,000 of coverage for damaged property. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL that pays claims from the same limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability insurance covers claims like funeral expenses, structural damage, medical services and loss of income. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford.
Be a smart shopper
Lower-priced 2013 Dodge Charger insurance is definitely available online and with local insurance agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies do not offer online quoting and most of the time these smaller companies sell through independent agents.
We just presented many tips how you can lower your insurance rates. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the lowest premiums are with a small local company. They may often insure only within specific states and give getter rates compared to the large companies like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. In too many instances, consumers will sacrifice physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
To read more, feel free to browse the resources below:
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Hyundai Tucson Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Hyundai Sonata Insurance
- Chevrolet Equinox Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area