Cheap 2013 Ford Expedition Insurance Quotes
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: Mar 18, 2020
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Trying to find the cheapest auto insurance rates for your Ford Expedition? Searching for the cheapest insurance for a new or used Ford Expedition can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our auto insurance buying tips to find lower rates.
There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the best way to price shop coverage for your Ford and locate the cheapest rates.
You should make it a habit to compare prices every six months since rates are variable and change quite frequently. If you had the lowest price on Expedition coverage a few years ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So just forget all the misinformation about auto insurance because we’re going to show you one of the best ways to save on auto insurance.
Lots of discounts mean lots of savings
Car insurance is not cheap, but you can get discounts to reduce the price significantly. Some trigger automatically at the time of purchase, but a few must be asked about prior to getting the savings. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Employee of Federal Government – Employees or retirees of the government can earn a discount up to 10% on Expedition coverage depending on your company.
- Clubs and Organizations – Belonging to a professional or civic organization could trigger savings on insurance on Expedition coverage.
- Good Student Discount – This discount can earn a discount of 20% or more. The good student discount can last until age 25.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying a policy and signing up on their website.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will reduce the cost of coverage.
To see a list of companies with discount insurance rates, click this link.
Compare the Market for Auto Insurance
All the larger auto insurance companies provide insurance quotes on the web. The process is quite simple as you just enter the coverages you want as detailed in the form. When complete, the system obtains your driving and credit reports and provides a quote based on these factors.
This helps simplify price comparisons, but having to visit many different websites and enter the same data into a form can be a bit tiresome and repetitive. But it is imperative to compare as many rates as possible if you are searching for the best price possible.
There is a better way!
A less time-consuming method to find cheaper rates is to use a quote form that gets price quotes from several different companies. The form is fast, helps eliminate reptitive entry, and makes online price comparison much simpler. As soon as the form is sent, your coverage is rated and you can choose your choice of the quotes that you receive.
If you find a better price it’s easy to complete the application and buy the new coverage. This process takes 15 minutes at the most and you will know how your current rates stack up.
To quickly find out if lower rates are available, click here and begin entering your coverage information. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the insurance coverages exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will receive a price comparison based on identical coverages.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Factors that might impact rates for a Ford Expedition
Smart consumers have a good feel for the rating factors that go into determining car insurance rates. Understanding what determines base rates allows you to make educated decisions that may reward you with better car insurance rates.
- A lapse in coverage is a bad thing – Not having insurance is a misdemeanor and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, but not being able to provide proof of insurance will get you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.You may have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with your state motor vehicle department.
- Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs such as judges, social workers and accountants tend to have higher rates than average in part from job stress and lots of time spent at work. On the flip side, occupations like farmers, athletes and homemakers receive lower rates on Expedition coverage.
- One company can mean more discounts – Some car insurance companies give discounts to customers who carry more than one policy, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even though this discount sounds good, you still need to shop around to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Liability insurance protects assets – Your policy’s liability coverage is the protection in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides you with a defense in court up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability is cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
- Safe vehicles cost less to insure – Cars with high safety ratings can get you lower premiums. These vehicles reduce injuries and fewer injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and more competitive rates for policyholders. If your Ford Expedition is rated at least an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you are probably receiving a discount.
- Pay less after the wedding – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying car insurance. It usually means you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that being married results in fewer claims.
- Careful drivers pay lower rates – A bad driving record has a big impact on rates. Drivers who don’t get tickets tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Just one speeding ticket can bump up the cost forty percent or more. If you have severe violations like DUI or reckless driving may find they need to submit a SR-22 form to the state department of motor vehicles in order to drive a vehicle legally.
- Clean credit earns discounts – Credit score is a big factor in determining your rates. So if your credit rating is lower than you’d like, you could be paying less to insure your 2013 Ford Expedition by improving your rating. Drivers with good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit.
Situations that might require an agent
When buying the best auto insurance coverage, there really is not a “best” method to buy coverage. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover if your insurance needs might need professional guidance.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in my state?
- Is my trailer covered?
- What is the ISO rating for a 2013 Ford Expedition?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
- Do I really need UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can provide invaluable advice.
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage protection
Collision insurance covers damage to your Expedition resulting from a collision with an object or car. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage protects against things such as hitting a mailbox, sustaining damage from a pot hole and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so consider dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible to bring the cost down.
Comprehensive auto coverage
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers claims like hitting a bird, a broken windshield, damage from getting keyed and damage from flooding. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the market value of your vehicle, so if the vehicle’s value is low consider dropping full coverage.
Medical payments and PIP coverage
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP provide coverage for expenses for things like nursing services, EMT expenses, surgery and funeral costs. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance plan or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not an option in every state and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Coverage for liability
Liability coverage will cover injuries or damage you cause to people or other property in an accident. This insurance protects YOU against claims from other people. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
It consists of three limits, bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see policy limits of 100/300/100 that translate to $100,000 bodily injury coverage, a total of $300,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $100,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is one number which is a combined single limit which combines the three limits into one amount with no separate limits for injury or property damage.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, repair bills for other people’s vehicles and attorney fees. How much coverage you buy is a decision to put some thought into, but buy as much as you can afford.
UM/UIM (Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist) coverage
Your UM/UIM coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries to you and your family and damage to your 2013 Ford Expedition.
Due to the fact that many drivers only carry the minimum required liability limits, it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family. Most of the time the UM/UIM limits are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Consumers leave their current company for any number of reasons including being labeled a high risk driver, poor customer service, denial of a claim or lack of trust in their agent. Regardless of your reason, choosing a new company can be easier than you think.
We just showed you quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on 2013 Ford Expedition insurance. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote, the better chance you’ll have of finding lower rates. You may be surprised to find that the lowest premiums are with the smaller companies.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. There are many occasions where an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
More detailed auto insurance information can be found at these sites:
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- What are my Rights when Filing a Claim? (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Auto Insurance 101 (About.com)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Subaru Forester Insurance
- Ford F-150 Insurance
- Ford Explorer Insurance
- Toyota Rav4 Insurance
- Subaru Outback Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Honda CR-V Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area