How Much Does 2008 Ford Expedition EL Insurance Cost?
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
UPDATED: May 11, 2022
It’s all about you. We want to help you make the right coverage choices.
Advertiser Disclosure: We strive to help you make confident car insurance decisions. Comparison shopping should be easy. We are not affiliated with any one car insurance provider and cannot guarantee quotes from any single provider.
Our insurance industry partnerships don’t influence our content. Our opinions are our own. To compare quotes from many different companies please enter your ZIP code on this page to use the free quote tool. The more quotes you compare, the more chances to save.
Editorial Guidelines: We are a free online resource for anyone interested in learning more about auto insurance. Our goal is to be an objective, third-party resource for everything auto insurance related. We update our site regularly, and all content is reviewed by auto insurance experts.
Want the cheapest car insurance rates? Drivers have many options when trying to find the lowest priced Ford Expedition EL insurance. They can either spend hours calling around getting price quotes or utilize the internet to find the lowest rates.
There are both good and bad ways to buy car insurance and you need to know the proper way to price shop coverage for your Ford and obtain the lowest price either online or from local insurance agents.
It’s smart to compare rates yearly because prices are rarely the same from one policy term to another. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Expedition EL insurance six months ago you will most likely find a better rate today. So forget all the misinformation about car insurance because it’s time to teach you one of the quickest ways to lower your annual insurance bill.
Pay less by taking advantage of discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to help bring down the price. A few discounts will automatically apply at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you’re not getting every credit you deserve, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts could cut 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a professional or civic organization could qualify you for a break when buying insurance coverage on Expedition EL insurance.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Driver’s Ed – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to enroll in driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Military Discounts – Having a family member in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
Keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way. Any qualifying discounts will help reduce your overall premium however.
For a list of insurers offering insurance coverage discounts, click this link.
Car Insurance Prices Online
Reducing your 2008 Ford Expedition EL insurance rates is surprisingly easy. Drivers just need to invest a few minutes comparing rate quotes online from several insurance companies. It is quite easy and can be accomplished in a couple of different ways.
- Probably the best way consumers can make multiple comparisons is an all-inclusive rate comparison click to view form in new window. This method eliminates the need for boring form submissions for every car insurance company. A single, simple form compares rates instantly. Just one form and you’re done.
- A less efficient way to get quotes online is to manually visit the website of each company and request a quote. For examples sake, let’s assume you want to compare rates from Farmers, Esurance and American Family. You would have to go to every website to input your insurance information, which is why most consumers use the first method. For a handy list of car insurance company links in your area, click here.
Whichever way you use, ensure you are comparing exactly the same coverages and limits on every quote you get. If each company quotes higher or lower deductibles it’s not possible to decipher which rate is best.
Free Auto Insurance Comparison
Enter your zip code below to view companies that have cheap auto insurance rates.
Secured with SHA-256 Encryption
Your coverage should be tailored to you
When it comes to choosing proper insurance coverage for your vehicles, there isn’t really a single plan that fits everyone. Every insured’s situation is different.
These are some specific questions may help you determine if you might need professional guidance.
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- Do I need more liability coverage?
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- Will filing a claim cost me more?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
- Am I covered when using my vehicle for business?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, free and you can get the answers you need.
Auto insurance coverage breakdown
Learning about specific coverages of a auto insurance policy can be of help when determining appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage provide coverage for bills for things like dental work, rehabilitation expenses, nursing services and EMT expenses. They are often utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover you and your occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP is only offered in select states and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Liability car insurance
This coverage provides protection from damages or injuries you inflict on people or other property. It protects YOU from claims by other people. It does not cover your injuries or vehicle damage.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. You might see values of 50/100/50 that translate to $50,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $100,000 in injury protection per accident, and $50,000 of coverage for damaged property. Some companies may use a combined single limit or CSL which limits claims to one amount rather than limiting it on a per person basis.
Liability coverage pays for things such as emergency aid, loss of income, legal defense fees and structural damage. How much liability coverage do you need? That is your choice, but buy as much as you can afford.
Collision coverage protection
This will pay to fix damage to your Expedition EL resulting from colliding with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision coverage protects against claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, sideswiping another vehicle, backing into a parked car and hitting a mailbox. Collision coverage makes up a good portion of your premium, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from older vehicles. Drivers also have the option to choose a higher deductible in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage provides protection when other motorists either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. This coverage pays for medical payments for you and your occupants as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits, their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. So UM/UIM coverage is a good idea. Usually these limits are identical to your policy’s liability coverage.
Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage protects against claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, hail damage and damage from a tornado or hurricane. The maximum amount a auto insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much it’s not worth carrying full coverage.
Spend less. Save more.
We’ve covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce 2008 Ford Expedition EL insurance prices online. The key concept to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the lowest premiums are with some of the smallest insurance companies.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, high rates after DUI convictions, not issuing a premium refund or even being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, choosing a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
When buying insurance coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. Too many times, an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. Your goal should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest price.
For more information, feel free to visit the following helpful articles:
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Insitute)
- Frontal Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is a named operator policy?
- Will GEICO insure a car not in my name?
- What is covered in a Jeep powertrain warranty?
- Are Jeeps more expensive to insure?
- Do trucks cost more to insure?
- How long does a DUI stay on your record?
- Does the Porsche Club of America offer car insurance?
- View All Coverage Questions
Popular Rate Quotes
- Chevrolet Traverse Insurance
- Nissan Rogue Insurance
- Toyota Corolla Insurance
- Kia Optima Insurance
- Toyota Prius Insurance
- Honda Accord Insurance
- Chevrolet Impala Insurance
- Toyota Camry Insurance
- Chevrolet Silverado Insurance
Compare Rates and Save
Find companies with the cheapest rates in your area